Hi helpful Fodorites!
We'll be traveling with some friends, one of whom has some serious health issues and might not be able to walk too far at once. So, we'd like to stay at a hotel that's very near metro, restaurants, coffeeshops, maybe bookstore, anything else. Looking to spend in the range of $150 a night. He saw a couple possibilities in the G.W. University area, Hotel Lombardy and the G.W. Inn, but we're not too familiar with that area. Vaguely remember it being near the school and hospital but not a lot else, but aren't sure. Do you think that location/those hotels would be suitable? If not, any other recs? One fear reading reviews of Hotel Lombardy, is it sounds like it could be noisy and I'm a very light sleeper. I remember liking the Dupont Circle area, but would want to find something not too noisy.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Washington D.C. early May, which neighborhood for these needs?
Hi helpful Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 New York Trip
- 4 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 5 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 6 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Balloon fest hotels
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 13 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 14 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 15 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 16 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 17 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 20 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 21 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 22 Transportation help in Philly
- 23 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 24 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 25 Hotels in North Philadelphia