Hi helpful Fodorites!
We'll be traveling with some friends, one of whom has some serious health issues and might not be able to walk too far at once. So, we'd like to stay at a hotel that's very near metro, restaurants, coffeeshops, maybe bookstore, anything else. Looking to spend in the range of $150 a night. He saw a couple possibilities in the G.W. University area, Hotel Lombardy and the G.W. Inn, but we're not too familiar with that area. Vaguely remember it being near the school and hospital but not a lot else, but aren't sure. Do you think that location/those hotels would be suitable? If not, any other recs? One fear reading reviews of Hotel Lombardy, is it sounds like it could be noisy and I'm a very light sleeper. I remember liking the Dupont Circle area, but would want to find something not too noisy.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta Airport
- 2 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 3 Help with first time
- 4 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 5 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 6 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 7 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 8 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 9 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 10 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 11 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 12 Discounted Rental Car?
- 13 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 14 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 15 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 16 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 17 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 18 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 19 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 20 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 21 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 22 BYOB in New York City
- 23 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 24 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 25 Inexpensive family getaways
Washington D.C. early May, which neighborhood for these needs?
Hi helpful Fodorites!