Hello - we will be staying in the Washington area for a number of nights but we don't want to stay right in the city due to the high cost of hotels. Could anyone please advise an easily commutable area that has a good choice of hotels that is just outside of the city, on a train line preferably as we won't have a car? We were thinking Tysons Corner due to the big shopping complex, cinemas etc - but other recommendations are welcome.
Washington DC accommodation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 3 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 4 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 7 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 8 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 9 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice