Planning on going to Washington DC in April. Our kids are 10, 5, and 3 1/2.Was thinking of trying to get tickets for the Easter egg roll at the White House. Other than nat'l Zoo and Museum of Natural History, any other museum or place recommended for young children? Will getting around DC be difficult if we bring strollers? I see many discussions recommending to take the metro to get around. Is that better or will it be bad if we drive in esp if we travel during the week? We haven't gotten accomodations yet. Deciding on how far outside DC or whether we should stay in DC. Any recommendations? Want to keep budget for hotel at/under $125. Thanks.
wash dc with 3 young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 2 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 3 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 8 Is the New York subway safe?
- 9 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 10 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 11 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 12 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 13 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 14 Where to from Tampa?
- 15 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 Skiing New Mexico
- 18 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 19 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 20 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 21 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 22 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 23 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 24 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week