Planning on going to Washington DC in April. Our kids are 10, 5, and 3 1/2.Was thinking of trying to get tickets for the Easter egg roll at the White House. Other than nat'l Zoo and Museum of Natural History, any other museum or place recommended for young children? Will getting around DC be difficult if we bring strollers? I see many discussions recommending to take the metro to get around. Is that better or will it be bad if we drive in esp if we travel during the week? We haven't gotten accomodations yet. Deciding on how far outside DC or whether we should stay in DC. Any recommendations? Want to keep budget for hotel at/under $125. Thanks.
wash dc with 3 young kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 2 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 3 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 6 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 12 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 21 Maui vacation
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 25 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour