I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 2 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 3 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 4 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 5 Romantic destination in the US
- 6 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 7 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 8 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 9 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 10 Minneapolis Parking
- 11 Things to do in La Jolla
- 12 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 13 family road trip
- 14 Alaska Trip Planning
- 15 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 16 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 17 Kid School Admission
- 18 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 19 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 22 New York City-New Things?
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 25 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do