I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?