I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Washington DC in Spring?
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 6 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 7 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 8 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 12 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 13 Weekend in NYC
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 15 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 16 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 17 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 20 Breckenridge in October
- 21 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 22 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 23 Richmond highlights?
- 24 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 25 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness