I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 2 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 3 Question About Sealodge
- 4 Broadway choices
- 5 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 6 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 9 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 12 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 13 Fairbanks Alaska
- 14 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 15 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 Yosemite Lodging
- 18 Colorado aspen updates
- 19 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 20 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 21 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 22 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 23 Getaway
- 24 New England Skiing
- 25 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.