I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 2 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 3 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 6 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 7 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 8 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 9 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 10 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 11 Cape Cod trip report
- 12 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 13 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 14 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 15 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 16 Road Trip SW
- 17 Seafood
- 18 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska
- 21 San Diego farmer's markets
- 22 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 23 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 24 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 25 Connecticut River Byway