I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 2 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 3 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 4 What To See and Do in the Grand Rapids Area
- 5 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 6 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 7 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 10 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 11 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 12 adams morgan - safety
- 13 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 16 Morning in miami
- 17 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 18 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 19 Grand Marais?
- 20 US Southwest
- 21 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 23 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 24 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 25 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?