I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle