I booked the property in Jay Peak through VRBO. Owner sent me very legit looking form and asked to do wire transfer saying that he is just relocated to UK. There was real address and real account number at Barklay. I was a bit hesitant to do it but stupid me!!! still did the transfer. Today I received email from VRBO saying that owner's email was compromised and hthat I need to contact them ASAP. I sent email- no answer. I call my bank alarmed them.I rented private home several times and in different countries and this is a first time I got scammed. Any advise wom I need to contact and if there is any chance to get money back. Please help. Thank you. Still very very angry......
WARNING- VRBO fraud Jay Peak property 375134
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii is still Hell
- 2 Orlando parks advice
- 3 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 4 Rental Services
- 5 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 8 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 9 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 10 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 11 Maui - Haleakala
- 12 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 14 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 15 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 16 Vegas in mid may
- 17 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 18 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 19 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 20 Texas for art and history lovers
- 21 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 22 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 23 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 24 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 25 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!