I'm going to be travelling to the southern states in late April and early May/2013. This trip will be around 3 weeks in length. In a nutshell, we'll be landing in Dallas and renting a car there. We'll then be making a big loop including San Antonio - east to New Orleans - north to Memphis - then back to Dallas.
Now here's the thing, the big cities aren't the issues, i think i have enough information about them - we're really interested in travelling off the beaten path a little bit. We don't mind travelling two-lane highways or even gravel roads. We want to get a true "feel" of that area and in my experience, visiting small towns and out of the way places is one great way to do that. We want to see the hills of Texas, the bayous of Louisiana, the backroads of Mississippi and as much as possible in between. We want to eat rural food and listen to some good old down home music - country, blues, zydeco... We love taking pictures of old farms and buildings and scenery that hasn't been seen on a million postcards.
Can anyone out there give us some advice and tips? I realize that seeing the "showcase" places are important, and we'll be doing that, but i'd love some advice on seeing some of the sights on the roads less travelled.
Thank you for any advice/opinions that you have to offer...
(i'll be posting this under each of the three states mentioned)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://ultrafinesseblog.com/neurofuse-enhance/
- 2 http://freesoftwareskeys.com/winrar-full-crack-license-key-keygen/
- 3 http://freesoftwareskeys.com/winrar-full-crack-license-key-keygen/
- 4 http://maleenhancementshop.info/sonix-garcinia/
- 5 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 6 Roadtrip July 2017
- 7 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 10 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 11 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 12 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 13 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 14 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 15 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 16 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 17 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 20 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 21 Retiring to Tucson
- 22 10 days vacation in California
- 23 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 24 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 25 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?