We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 General Utah planning questions
- 2 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Dining in Manhattan
- 5 From Seattle airport to the city
- 6 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 New York City Christmas Trip
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 11 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 12 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 13 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 14 Colorado Skiing
- 15 American Honeymoon in March
- 16 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 17 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 20 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 21 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 22 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 23 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 24 Middle America in October
- 25 visit to HIghLine