We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 2 Cross Country RV Trip
- 3 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 4 California
- 5 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 6 Deep South sept 2015
- 7 Get astonishing and Wrinkle Free Skin
- 8 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 9 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 10 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 11 New England September
- 12 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 13 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 14 Active Vacation
- 15 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 16 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 17 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 18 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 19 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 20 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 21 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 22 Portland, OR hotel question
- 23 Northern California in February
- 24 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 25 Mother Daughter Trip