We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 2 adams morgan - safety
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 5 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 6 US Southwest
- 7 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 8 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 9 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 10 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 11 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 12 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 13 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 14 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 15 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 Seattle Visit April
- 18 Grand Teton in October
- 19 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 20 Morning in miami
- 21 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 22 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 23 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 24 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 25 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?