We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 6 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 7 Kid School Admission
- 8 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 9 Mount Vernon?
- 10 Romantic destination in the US
- 11 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 14 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 15 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 17 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 18 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 19 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 20 Looking for a grave in Plattekill, NY
- 21 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 22 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 25 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?