We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 California San Diego area lodging
- 3 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 4 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 8 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 9 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 10 Advice on Roadtrip
- 11 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 12 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 15 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 16 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 22 from Moab to Bryce
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 25 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle