We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 5 Travel West Coast
- 6 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 7 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Wine Country Picnic
- 10 Washington DC Metro
- 11 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 12 Road trip through the south
- 13 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 14 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 Myrtle Beach
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Getting around Las Vegas
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 24 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving