We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 2 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 3 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 4 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 5 September trip to Michigan
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 California coast: April
- 8 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 9 Road Trip
- 10 New York Yankee Station
- 11 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 12 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 15 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 16 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 17 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 18 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 19 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 20 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 21 Roads into Estes Park
- 22 Whale watching
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 25 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?