We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 3 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 4 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 5 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 6 Road Trip SW
- 7 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 8 Chicago trip
- 9 NYC IN AUGUST
- 10 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 11 culpepper
- 12 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 13 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 14 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 15 Fancy dining
- 16 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 17 Will have five days in Savannah
- 18 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 19 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 20 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 21 Itinerary opinions
- 22 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 23 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip