We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 2 Oahu ideas
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 11 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 12 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 13 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 14 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 15 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 16 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 17 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 20 Best places to move to Florida?
- 21 Juneau May 8th
- 22 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 23 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014