We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 late-night DC restaurant
- 2 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 3 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 4 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 5 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 6 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 7 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 8 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Houston in September
- 11 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 12 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 13 Oahu ideas
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 16 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 17 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 18 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 19 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 20 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 21 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 22 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 25 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days