We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 California & French Polynesia
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 6 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 7 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 8 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 9 Dining in Manhattan
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 St Patrick's renovations
- 12 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 13 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 17 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 18 From Seattle airport to the city
- 19 General Utah planning questions
- 20 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 21 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 22 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 23 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 24 New York City Christmas Trip
- 25 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February