We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 2 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 3 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 4 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 7 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 8 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 9 Where to from Tampa?
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Is the New York subway safe?
- 15 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 16 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 22 Skiing New Mexico
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014