We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 2 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 3 Morning in miami
- 4 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 5 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 6 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 7 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 8 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 9 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 10 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 11 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 12 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 13 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 14 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 15 Shenandoah National Park
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 18 Seattle Visit April
- 19 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 22 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 23 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January
- 24 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 25 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question