We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 2 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 3 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 4 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 7 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 8 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 9 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 10 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 11 Washington DC in Spring?
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 14 trains in Europe
- 15 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 16 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 17 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 18 NBA tickets??
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 21 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 22 Alaskan coast travel options
- 23 USA trip
- 24 Timeshare Nightmares
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report