We are wanting to take a family trip with our children & grandchildren to an area within a reasonable driving distance from Southeast Texas to an area with snow for Christmas. We are NOT wanting to go to one of the crowded ski resort areas, because we mainly just want the grandchildren to see & play in the snow...maybe snow tubing, riding snowmobiles, sleigh ride...those kind of activities. We would prefer a place that we could rent individual cabins, nice, but not overly priced. We had thought about NM, CO, or even TN, etc...just a little worried about driving conditions. We are actually wanting to plan this for Christmas 2013, but wanted to get the information together ASAP....start saving money in other words! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thank you!
Wanting to see snow within reasonable DRIVING distance from Southeast Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Once I had heard of Spartagenss
- 2 New England September
- 3 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 4 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 5 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 6 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 7 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 8 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 9 Ackislander
- 10 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 11 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 12 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 13 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 14 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 15 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 16 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 17 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 18 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 19 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 20 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 21 Cross Country RV Trip
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 24 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 25 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara