Hi All --
We're planning to spend a few days in mid-May in what I guess is the North Shore area. We'll be visiting a few friends and seeing the many sights we neglected to visit during our years in Boston and on the South Shore.
On the list: Walden Pond (reread Waldon this year), Jack Kerouac's grave (Lowell), Concord and Lexington, Salem, Lowell's Boat Shop, whale watching trip, Peabody Museum, Rockport -- I expect that will keep us busy, but if you have other ideas that you think might appeal to us, given that list, we'd love to hear them.
Looking for a good place (both town and hotel) to stay. Would like to be downtown so we can park the car at the hotel and forget it for the evening, restaurants nearby (walkable) and as convenient as possible to the places we'd like to visit. Not much on B&B's. Modern chains such as Marriott are o.k. but if you know a local place with some character, that would be better.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Reno
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 best health clubs with lap pools
- 4 10 days vacation in California
- 5 Trinity Site, NM
- 6 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 North Carolina airports
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 12 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 13 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 14 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 15 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 16 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 17 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 22 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
Hi All --