Hi All --
We're planning to spend a few days in mid-May in what I guess is the North Shore area. We'll be visiting a few friends and seeing the many sights we neglected to visit during our years in Boston and on the South Shore.
On the list: Walden Pond (reread Waldon this year), Jack Kerouac's grave (Lowell), Concord and Lexington, Salem, Lowell's Boat Shop, whale watching trip, Peabody Museum, Rockport -- I expect that will keep us busy, but if you have other ideas that you think might appeal to us, given that list, we'd love to hear them.
Looking for a good place (both town and hotel) to stay. Would like to be downtown so we can park the car at the hotel and forget it for the evening, restaurants nearby (walkable) and as convenient as possible to the places we'd like to visit. Not much on B&B's. Modern chains such as Marriott are o.k. but if you know a local place with some character, that would be better.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 2 Alaska independent tour for group
- 3 Safety Concerns
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 6 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 5 days in Colorado
- 9 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 10 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 11 Sedona for a Month
- 12 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 13 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 14 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 15 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 16 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 17 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 18 40th in Key West
- 19 Downtown Chicago
- 20 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 21 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 22 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 23 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 24 What to do in San Diego
- 25 Nashville
Hi All --