Hi All --
We're planning to spend a few days in mid-May in what I guess is the North Shore area. We'll be visiting a few friends and seeing the many sights we neglected to visit during our years in Boston and on the South Shore.
On the list: Walden Pond (reread Waldon this year), Jack Kerouac's grave (Lowell), Concord and Lexington, Salem, Lowell's Boat Shop, whale watching trip, Peabody Museum, Rockport -- I expect that will keep us busy, but if you have other ideas that you think might appeal to us, given that list, we'd love to hear them.
Looking for a good place (both town and hotel) to stay. Would like to be downtown so we can park the car at the hotel and forget it for the evening, restaurants nearby (walkable) and as convenient as possible to the places we'd like to visit. Not much on B&B's. Modern chains such as Marriott are o.k. but if you know a local place with some character, that would be better.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Topic TiGET QUALITY PASSPORT,ID CARDS,DRIVING LICENSE,MARRIED CERT,ETC(
- 2 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 3 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 4 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 5 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 6 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 7 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 8 Phone SIM
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 11 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 12 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 15 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 16 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 17 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 18 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 19 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 20 Newark to Paris
- 21 A June trip to Kauai
- 22 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 23 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 24 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 25 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
Hi All --