Hi All --
We're planning to spend a few days in mid-May in what I guess is the North Shore area. We'll be visiting a few friends and seeing the many sights we neglected to visit during our years in Boston and on the South Shore.
On the list: Walden Pond (reread Waldon this year), Jack Kerouac's grave (Lowell), Concord and Lexington, Salem, Lowell's Boat Shop, whale watching trip, Peabody Museum, Rockport -- I expect that will keep us busy, but if you have other ideas that you think might appeal to us, given that list, we'd love to hear them.
Looking for a good place (both town and hotel) to stay. Would like to be downtown so we can park the car at the hotel and forget it for the evening, restaurants nearby (walkable) and as convenient as possible to the places we'd like to visit. Not much on B&B's. Modern chains such as Marriott are o.k. but if you know a local place with some character, that would be better.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 2 Short Oregon Trip
- 3 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 4 New offer from Southwest for California residents
- 5 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 6 Trip for 2 to Colorado need ideas.
- 7 Another JFK to Manhattan Question
- 8 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 9 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 10 Has anyone tried Car Wiz for rentals?
- 11 Short Notice
- 12 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 13 4 days in San Francisco
- 14 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 15 Novel in Progress
- 16 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 17 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 18 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 19 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 20 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 21 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 22 Another Great DC Trip
- 23 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 24 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 25 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
Hi All --