Hi All --
We're planning to spend a few days in mid-May in what I guess is the North Shore area. We'll be visiting a few friends and seeing the many sights we neglected to visit during our years in Boston and on the South Shore.
On the list: Walden Pond (reread Waldon this year), Jack Kerouac's grave (Lowell), Concord and Lexington, Salem, Lowell's Boat Shop, whale watching trip, Peabody Museum, Rockport -- I expect that will keep us busy, but if you have other ideas that you think might appeal to us, given that list, we'd love to hear them.
Looking for a good place (both town and hotel) to stay. Would like to be downtown so we can park the car at the hotel and forget it for the evening, restaurants nearby (walkable) and as convenient as possible to the places we'd like to visit. Not much on B&B's. Modern chains such as Marriott are o.k. but if you know a local place with some character, that would be better.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 2 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 3 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 4 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 5 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 6 Horseback riding in Waipio Valley
- 7 2 months in Hawaii!
- 8 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 9 Annapolis to Boston
- 10 Road Trip
- 11 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 12 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 13 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 14 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 15 Yellowstone June 2014
- 16 Vegetarian in Boston
- 17 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 18 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 19 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 20 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 21 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 22 Hawaii vacation- please help
- 23 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 24 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 25 Seeing An "American" Icon
Hi All --