Hi All --
We're planning to spend a few days in mid-May in what I guess is the North Shore area. We'll be visiting a few friends and seeing the many sights we neglected to visit during our years in Boston and on the South Shore.
On the list: Walden Pond (reread Waldon this year), Jack Kerouac's grave (Lowell), Concord and Lexington, Salem, Lowell's Boat Shop, whale watching trip, Peabody Museum, Rockport -- I expect that will keep us busy, but if you have other ideas that you think might appeal to us, given that list, we'd love to hear them.
Looking for a good place (both town and hotel) to stay. Would like to be downtown so we can park the car at the hotel and forget it for the evening, restaurants nearby (walkable) and as convenient as possible to the places we'd like to visit. Not much on B&B's. Modern chains such as Marriott are o.k. but if you know a local place with some character, that would be better.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego, mission valley
- 2 First Trip to New Mexico
- 3 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 4 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 5 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 6 November redwoods trip
- 7 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 8 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 9 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 10 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 11 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 12 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 13 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 14 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 15 MN lake home rental needed
- 16 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 17 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 18 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 19 blue ridge parkway?
- 20 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 21 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 22 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 23 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 24 Wedding gifts?
- 25 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
Hi All --