Hi All --
We're planning to spend a few days in mid-May in what I guess is the North Shore area. We'll be visiting a few friends and seeing the many sights we neglected to visit during our years in Boston and on the South Shore.
On the list: Walden Pond (reread Waldon this year), Jack Kerouac's grave (Lowell), Concord and Lexington, Salem, Lowell's Boat Shop, whale watching trip, Peabody Museum, Rockport -- I expect that will keep us busy, but if you have other ideas that you think might appeal to us, given that list, we'd love to hear them.
Looking for a good place (both town and hotel) to stay. Would like to be downtown so we can park the car at the hotel and forget it for the evening, restaurants nearby (walkable) and as convenient as possible to the places we'd like to visit. Not much on B&B's. Modern chains such as Marriott are o.k. but if you know a local place with some character, that would be better.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How-To Maximize Your member Size!
- 2 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 3 Birthday vacation ideas
- 4 Colorado Hiking in September
- 5 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 6 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 7 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 8 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 9 Traveling with an infant
- 10 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 11 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 12 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 13 Key West, FL
- 14 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 15 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 16 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 17 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 18 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 19 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 20 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 21 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 22 driving RT 66
- 23 From Newark to Manhattan
- 24 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 25 Relocating to Washington DC
Hi All --