For anyone who is into kitsch or history or just buying those items affectionately known as souvenirs (aka Junk), the International Marketplace in Waikiki is going to be torn down at the end of 2013 to make way for new upscale hotel and shopping opportunities. (I heard potentially a St Regis or Ritz Carlton.) When we came over on our honeymoon many moons ago, the International Marketplace was one of the first places we walked through so I have fond memories even though I didn't buy anything. I can't imagine not having the opportunity to say good bye to a campy classic, so I wanted to share the news with anyone else who didn't know and might be visiting. Aloha International Marketplace!
Waikiki's International Marketplace Gone in 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 2 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Houston in September
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 6 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 8 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 9 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 10 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 11 Road Trip
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 14 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 15 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 16 Whale watching
- 17 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 18 palm desert, CA
- 19 New York Trip
- 20 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 21 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 22 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 23 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 24 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 25 Hotels in North Philadelphia