For anyone who is into kitsch or history or just buying those items affectionately known as souvenirs (aka Junk), the International Marketplace in Waikiki is going to be torn down at the end of 2013 to make way for new upscale hotel and shopping opportunities. (I heard potentially a St Regis or Ritz Carlton.) When we came over on our honeymoon many moons ago, the International Marketplace was one of the first places we walked through so I have fond memories even though I didn't buy anything. I can't imagine not having the opportunity to say good bye to a campy classic, so I wanted to share the news with anyone else who didn't know and might be visiting. Aloha International Marketplace!
Waikiki's International Marketplace Gone in 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 2 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 3 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 4 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 5 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 6 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 9 Best Destination in USA
- 10 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 11 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 12 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 13 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 14 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 15 x mas
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 18 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 20 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 21 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 22 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 23 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 24 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 25 New Orleans help please