For anyone who is into kitsch or history or just buying those items affectionately known as souvenirs (aka Junk), the International Marketplace in Waikiki is going to be torn down at the end of 2013 to make way for new upscale hotel and shopping opportunities. (I heard potentially a St Regis or Ritz Carlton.) When we came over on our honeymoon many moons ago, the International Marketplace was one of the first places we walked through so I have fond memories even though I didn't buy anything. I can't imagine not having the opportunity to say good bye to a campy classic, so I wanted to share the news with anyone else who didn't know and might be visiting. Aloha International Marketplace!
Waikiki's International Marketplace Gone in 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 2 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 3 Long Island Advice
- 4 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 5 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 6 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 7 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 8 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 9 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 12 Boston suggestions
- 13 California
- 14 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 15 Tucson area flooding
- 16 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 17 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 20 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 21 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 22 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 23 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 24 Ben Landa
- 25 4 week family trip ideas