We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine
- 2 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 3 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 4 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 6 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 7 Back From Alaska
- 8 Pacific coast road trip
- 9 December trip to see snow
- 10 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 11 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 12 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 13 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 15 Senior Travel Helper
- 16 your favorite city USA?
- 17 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 18 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 19 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 20 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 21 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 22 Help with driving East to West
- 23 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 24 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 25 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.