We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio shopping
- 2 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 3 Which island for R&R?
- 4 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 5 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 6 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 7 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 8 blue ridge parkway?
- 9 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 10 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 11 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 12 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 13 First Trip to New Mexico
- 14 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 15 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 16 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 17 San Diego, mission valley
- 18 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 19 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 20 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 21 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 22 Seattle?
- 23 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 24 International transferring planes at CDG
- 25 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM