We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Novel in Progress
- 2 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 3 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 4 Short Notice
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 7 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 8 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 9 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 10 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 11 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 12 Inn at Key West
- 13 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 14 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 15 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 16 Black History Museum
- 17 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 18 Another Great DC Trip
- 19 Chicago 2017
- 20 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 21 arizona rte 66
- 22 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 23 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 24 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 25 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef