We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Visiting Yosemite in early April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast Road Trip
- 2 East Coast Road Trip
- 3 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 4 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 5 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 6 4 week family trip ideas
- 7 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 8 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 9 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 10 Pirateland SC
- 11 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 12 San Diego with Kids
- 13 Metro Card Options
- 14 Maui itinerary
- 15 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 16 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 17 getting around DC
- 18 California
- 19 Road Trip: Seattle to San Francisco in November
- 20 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 21 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper August 2014 on the Canadian board - Alberta
- 22 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 23 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 24 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 25 Car Rental UK Drivers License