We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Visiting Yosemite in early April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 2 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 3 Where to raise a family in Florida?
- 4 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 5 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 6 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 7 Daytona Beach and ??
- 8 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 9 Beach holiday with baby
- 10 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 11 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 12 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 13 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 14 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 15 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 16 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 17 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 18 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 19 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 20 Grand Marais?
- 21 Salt Lake City
- 22 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 23 First visit in New Mexico
- 24 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 25 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon