We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Visiting Yosemite in early April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Boca Grande or Siesta Key?
- 3 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 4 Alaska- two days in Seward
- 5 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 6 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 7 Charlesmark Hotel, Boston-opinions?
- 8 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 9 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 10 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 11 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 12 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 13 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 14 Best way to get discounts on hotel rooms? Priceline?
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 16 We are flying into Phoenix in November
- 17 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 18 Phoenix, Grand Canyon & Sedona with kids
- 19 Advice on Roadtrip
- 20 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 21 Zion the narrows
- 22 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 23 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 24 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip