We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Visiting Yosemite in early April
- 1 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 2 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 3 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 4 RIP Judy Rogers
- 5 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 Warm and don't Drive
- 10 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 11 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 12 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 13 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 14 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 15 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 16 hotel near Met NYC
- 17 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 18 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 19 Princeville in January
- 20 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 21 pa to az
- 22 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 23 Savanah Sojourn
- 24 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 25 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?