We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 3 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 4 How to make money road tripping
- 5 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 6 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 7 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 8 New York in December
- 9 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 10 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 11 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 12 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 13 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 14 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 17 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 18 Staying outside DC
- 19 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 20 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 21 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 22 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 23 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 24 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 25 Road trip