We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui - luau question
- 2 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 3 Bryce and Zion planning
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 6 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 7 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 8 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 9 Colorado Itinerary
- 10 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 11 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 12 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 13 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 14 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 15 US Trip
- 16 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 17 Philly Itinerary Help
- 18 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 19 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 20 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 21 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 22 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 23 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 24 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 25 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days