We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Highway 1 motels
- 2 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 3 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 4 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 5 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 6 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 7 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 8 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 9 Car Hire Alamo
- 10 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 11 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 12 11 days SE coast road trip
- 13 International student, applying for school
- 14 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 15 Seattle - newby questions
- 16 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 17 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 18 Mackinac or Holland?
- 19 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 20 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 21 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT
- 22 Places to stay in TX...?
- 23 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 24 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 25 New Orleans Best Guided Tours