We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Visiting Yosemite in early April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 2 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 3 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 4 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 5 Philadelphia ?
- 6 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 7 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 8 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 9 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 10 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 11 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 12 Houston in September
- 13 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 14 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 15 late-night DC restaurant
- 16 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 17 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 18 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 21 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 22 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 23 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 24 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 25 Oahu ideas