We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Visiting Yosemite in early April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 2 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Cape Cod in early April
- 12 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 19 Backpacking in April
- 20 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 24 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii