We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Visiting Yosemite in early April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 2 Hotels Philly
- 3 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 4 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 5 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 6 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 7 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 8 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 9 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 10 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 11 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 12 Texas
- 13 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 14 California
- 15 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 16 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 17 Deep South sept 2015
- 18 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 19 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 20 Cross Country RV Trip
- 21 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 22 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 23 Ackislander
- 24 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 25 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby