We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 2 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 7 Yellowstone
- 8 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 9 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 10 Redwoods National Park
- 11 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 12 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 13 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 14 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 15 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 16 New Mexico in May
- 17 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 18 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 19 Traveling Alone
- 20 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 21 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 22 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 23 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 24 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 25 Arizona in late January