We are travelling from Las Vegas to San Francisco, have 3 days to complete the trip and want to see Death Valley followed by Yosemite as it has been recommended.
After research it appears you have to have tyre chains (not possible as we have a hire car).
I am looking for recommendations of how best to experience Yosemite...
-stay in a nearby town reached without snow chains and get a bus/coach trip into the park (any suggestions here)
-See how far we can get along 41/140 (assuming you recommend approaching the park from the west and not the east)
Any suggestions here would be fantastic.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 2 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 3 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 4 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 5 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 6 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 7 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 8 Northern California Gardens.
- 9 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 10 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 11 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 12 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 13 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 14 Florida with a 2 year old
- 15 Train from east cost to west coast
- 16 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 17 Route 66
- 18 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 19 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 20 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 21 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 22 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 23 Arches or Zion?
- 24 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 25 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids