I got holidays during 25 Sep - 6 October this year (2014) and want to spend time in Alaska. I saw some web say the northern night light can already be seen during this time. Is that right? Will that be clear? Moreover, how's the view in Alaska during this time? Will yellow leaves still stay on trees? I know Denali would be closed, is there any other activities to do? I take this trip mainly for enjoying the view. Would anyone give suggestions? Thanks!
visiting alaska in late September and early October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 3 East Coast in December
- 4 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 5 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 8 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 Florida St George's Island
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 Washington DC in Spring?
- 16 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 17 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 18 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 19 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 20 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 21 Weekend in NYC
- 22 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 25 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!