My wife and I are considering visiting either GTNP/Yellowstone or Banff NP/ Jasper NP in Canada. We are goign in early July this year and for around six days. I've read on the forums that many people say that if you go to yellowstone/gtnp youwill see more geological and wildlife bauty and if you go to the canadian rockies it will be amazing scenic beauty but some wildlife. I lovemountains and the opportunity to climb a small/day hike would be great. I also want the opportunity to do some hiking, biking, and river rafting. Clearly the hotels in Jackson Hole,WY are really expensive for a 3/4* hotel compared to Banff area which is ~$100 less/night. Could someone please suggest ideas for me.
Visit Grand Teton NP / Yellowstone NP vs. Banff NP and Jasper NP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!