My wife and I are considering visiting either GTNP/Yellowstone or Banff NP/ Jasper NP in Canada. We are goign in early July this year and for around six days. I've read on the forums that many people say that if you go to yellowstone/gtnp youwill see more geological and wildlife bauty and if you go to the canadian rockies it will be amazing scenic beauty but some wildlife. I lovemountains and the opportunity to climb a small/day hike would be great. I also want the opportunity to do some hiking, biking, and river rafting. Clearly the hotels in Jackson Hole,WY are really expensive for a 3/4* hotel compared to Banff area which is ~$100 less/night. Could someone please suggest ideas for me.
Visit Grand Teton NP / Yellowstone NP vs. Banff NP and Jasper NP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 2 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 3 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 4 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 5 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 6 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 7 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 8 Best places to move to Florida?
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Juneau May 8th
- 11 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 14 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 18 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 19 West Coast Bound End of March
- 20 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 21 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 22 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Question about Miami travel
- 25 Salt Lake City