My wife and I are considering visiting either GTNP/Yellowstone or Banff NP/ Jasper NP in Canada. We are goign in early July this year and for around six days. I've read on the forums that many people say that if you go to yellowstone/gtnp youwill see more geological and wildlife bauty and if you go to the canadian rockies it will be amazing scenic beauty but some wildlife. I lovemountains and the opportunity to climb a small/day hike would be great. I also want the opportunity to do some hiking, biking, and river rafting. Clearly the hotels in Jackson Hole,WY are really expensive for a 3/4* hotel compared to Banff area which is ~$100 less/night. Could someone please suggest ideas for me.
Visit Grand Teton NP / Yellowstone NP vs. Banff NP and Jasper NP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Brooklyn why?
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 10 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 13 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 14 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 15 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants