I've scheduled a quick 3 day business trip on short notice to Charlottesville and Northern Virginia in early June. I'm planning to bring my son, who just graduated from high school and loves history and the outdoors, with me. Don't have time for an extensive itinerary, but Monticello and UVA are definitely on the list. Other possibilities include hiking Old Rag, Harpers Ferry, and the Antietam battlefield. Other suggestions along these lines, as well as recommendations for good places to eat that an older teenager might enjoy, from those who know the area well? Thanks.
Virginians and Virginia-philes: Suggestions for Quick Trip to Charlottesville/Northern Virginia with Son
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 General Utah planning questions
- 2 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 Dining in Manhattan
- 5 From Seattle airport to the city
- 6 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 New York City Christmas Trip
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 11 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 12 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 13 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 14 Colorado Skiing
- 15 American Honeymoon in March
- 16 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 17 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 20 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 21 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 22 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 23 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 24 Middle America in October
- 25 visit to HIghLine