I've scheduled a quick 3 day business trip on short notice to Charlottesville and Northern Virginia in early June. I'm planning to bring my son, who just graduated from high school and loves history and the outdoors, with me. Don't have time for an extensive itinerary, but Monticello and UVA are definitely on the list. Other possibilities include hiking Old Rag, Harpers Ferry, and the Antietam battlefield. Other suggestions along these lines, as well as recommendations for good places to eat that an older teenager might enjoy, from those who know the area well? Thanks.
Virginians and Virginia-philes: Suggestions for Quick Trip to Charlottesville/Northern Virginia with Son
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 2 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 3 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 Door County Suggestions
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 14 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 21 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!