I've scheduled a quick 3 day business trip on short notice to Charlottesville and Northern Virginia in early June. I'm planning to bring my son, who just graduated from high school and loves history and the outdoors, with me. Don't have time for an extensive itinerary, but Monticello and UVA are definitely on the list. Other possibilities include hiking Old Rag, Harpers Ferry, and the Antietam battlefield. Other suggestions along these lines, as well as recommendations for good places to eat that an older teenager might enjoy, from those who know the area well? Thanks.
Virginians and Virginia-philes: Suggestions for Quick Trip to Charlottesville/Northern Virginia with Son
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 4 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 5 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 6 moving to florida
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 9 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 10 Santa Barbara, California
- 11 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 12 Itinerary opinions
- 13 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 14 Yosemite Fire -Contingency Plan
- 15 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 16 Charlotte restaurant help
- 17 Road Trip SW
- 18 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 19 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 20 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 21 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 22 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 23 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 24 Chicago trip
- 25 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson