I've scheduled a quick 3 day business trip on short notice to Charlottesville and Northern Virginia in early June. I'm planning to bring my son, who just graduated from high school and loves history and the outdoors, with me. Don't have time for an extensive itinerary, but Monticello and UVA are definitely on the list. Other possibilities include hiking Old Rag, Harpers Ferry, and the Antietam battlefield. Other suggestions along these lines, as well as recommendations for good places to eat that an older teenager might enjoy, from those who know the area well? Thanks.
Virginians and Virginia-philes: Suggestions for Quick Trip to Charlottesville/Northern Virginia with Son
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WISCONSIN
- 2 SF to DR? WTH!
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 5 rain in Kauai
- 6 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 9 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 10 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 11 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 12 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 13 Jersey City Parking
- 14 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 18 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 19 Washington, DC to Boston
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 23 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 24 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH