I'm looking for a recommendation for a weekend trip to western Virginia. We typically base ourselves in or near Charlottesville and we've also rafted the New River in WV so we'd like to try someplace different. With the heat this summer we'd love somewhere along a river or a lake but would be equally happy with good hiking. We are an active couple in our mid 30's no kids. As always any advice is appreciated!
Virginia weekend trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 2 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 3 los angeles restaurants
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 6 Anyone there to help me!
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Tipping advice
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Calf trip
- 12 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 West Maui Restaurants
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 18 Key West Hotel in January
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 x mas