I'm looking for a recommendation for a weekend trip to western Virginia. We typically base ourselves in or near Charlottesville and we've also rafted the New River in WV so we'd like to try someplace different. With the heat this summer we'd love somewhere along a river or a lake but would be equally happy with good hiking. We are an active couple in our mid 30's no kids. As always any advice is appreciated!
Virginia weekend trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Texas
- 2 Los Angeles day trips
- 3 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 4 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 5 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 6 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 7 Thank goodness for this service!
- 8 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 9 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 10 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 11 Self guided White House tour
- 12 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 13 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 14 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 15 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 16 Northwest USA
- 17 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 18 middlebury vt snow
- 19 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 20 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 23 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 24 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 25 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions