I'm looking for a recommendation for a weekend trip to western Virginia. We typically base ourselves in or near Charlottesville and we've also rafted the New River in WV so we'd like to try someplace different. With the heat this summer we'd love somewhere along a river or a lake but would be equally happy with good hiking. We are an active couple in our mid 30's no kids. As always any advice is appreciated!
Virginia weekend trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hilton Midtown New York
- 2 Apartment Rentals DC
- 3 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 6 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 7 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 8 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 9 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 10 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 11 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 14 Vegas hotels for families
- 15 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 16 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 17 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 18 new york plays
- 19 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 20 San Francisco - mid October
- 21 Tour companies
- 22 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 Round trip from Chicago