I'm looking for a recommendation for a weekend trip to western Virginia. We typically base ourselves in or near Charlottesville and we've also rafted the New River in WV so we'd like to try someplace different. With the heat this summer we'd love somewhere along a river or a lake but would be equally happy with good hiking. We are an active couple in our mid 30's no kids. As always any advice is appreciated!
Virginia weekend trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado trip
- 2 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 5 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 6 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 7 DC - WW2 flyover
- 8 Colorado trip in early May
- 9 Cape cod and Acadia
- 10 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 11 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 12 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 13 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 14 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 15 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 16 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 17 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 18 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 19 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 20 First visit in New Mexico
- 21 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 22 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 23 Maine in latter half of September
- 24 Grand Marais?
- 25 D.C. restaurants for families.