It is one of the best places to see grizzly bears fishing for salmon, and one of the easiest to get to. I have been twice to photograph the bears at brooks falls, staying both at Brooks lodge and at the campsite. At the right time, it is one of the great spectacles of the world. But as the lodge is heavily booked and limits the stay to 3 nights, and the campsite is by lottery, one has to plan ahead to get the most of the stay. To help in the planning I have written an illustrated article with map at http://www.artphototravel.net/usa/bears-brooks-falls/.
Viewing Bears fishing at Brooks Falls, Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 2 Looking for Next Destination
- 3 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 5 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 6 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 7 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 8 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 9 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 10 Tucson area flooding
- 11 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 12 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 13 first time in AZ
- 14 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 15 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 16 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 17 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 20 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 21 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 22 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 23 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 24 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 25 Relaxing Honeymoon Week