It is one of the best places to see grizzly bears fishing for salmon, and one of the easiest to get to. I have been twice to photograph the bears at brooks falls, staying both at Brooks lodge and at the campsite. At the right time, it is one of the great spectacles of the world. But as the lodge is heavily booked and limits the stay to 3 nights, and the campsite is by lottery, one has to plan ahead to get the most of the stay. To help in the planning I have written an illustrated article with map at http://www.artphototravel.net/usa/bears-brooks-falls/.
Viewing Bears fishing at Brooks Falls, Alaska
- 1 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 2 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 3 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 4 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 5 How to plan San Diego trip
- 6 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 7 Washington Wineries
- 8 Airport luggage tamparing
- 9 California, Northern
- 10 GROCERY STORES MAUI, HAWAII
- 11 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 12 Visitor ocean awareness Kauai/statewide
- 13 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 14 Best museums and botanical gardens in the Hawaiian Islands?
- 15 Maui Rain Forest Hike vs Haleakala Crater Hike vs Downhill Bike Ride
- 16 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 17 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 18 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 19 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 20 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 21 Using public transit in San Diego
- 22 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 23 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 24 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 25 East coast tour - Part1: NYC