It is one of the best places to see grizzly bears fishing for salmon, and one of the easiest to get to. I have been twice to photograph the bears at brooks falls, staying both at Brooks lodge and at the campsite. At the right time, it is one of the great spectacles of the world. But as the lodge is heavily booked and limits the stay to 3 nights, and the campsite is by lottery, one has to plan ahead to get the most of the stay. To help in the planning I have written an illustrated article with map at http://www.artphototravel.net/usa/bears-brooks-falls/.
Viewing Bears fishing at Brooks Falls, Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wedding in Hawaii
- 2 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 5 Alaska cruise and land
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 10 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 Jersey City Parking
- 13 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 14 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 15 SF to DR? WTH!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 18 NYC Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 22 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 23 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 24 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 25 Washington, D.C. trip report...