It is one of the best places to see grizzly bears fishing for salmon, and one of the easiest to get to. I have been twice to photograph the bears at brooks falls, staying both at Brooks lodge and at the campsite. At the right time, it is one of the great spectacles of the world. But as the lodge is heavily booked and limits the stay to 3 nights, and the campsite is by lottery, one has to plan ahead to get the most of the stay. To help in the planning I have written an illustrated article with map at http://www.artphototravel.net/usa/bears-brooks-falls/.
Viewing Bears fishing at Brooks Falls, Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 2 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 3 Northwest USA
- 4 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 5 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 6 Hotels Philly
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 9 Texas
- 10 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 11 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 16 LA for a day and a half
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 19 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 20 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 21 Moving to CT
- 22 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 25 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!