It is one of the best places to see grizzly bears fishing for salmon, and one of the easiest to get to. I have been twice to photograph the bears at brooks falls, staying both at Brooks lodge and at the campsite. At the right time, it is one of the great spectacles of the world. But as the lodge is heavily booked and limits the stay to 3 nights, and the campsite is by lottery, one has to plan ahead to get the most of the stay. To help in the planning I have written an illustrated article with map at http://www.artphototravel.net/usa/bears-brooks-falls/.
Viewing Bears fishing at Brooks Falls, Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 6 charleston during Christmas Week
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 15 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 West Maui Restaurants
- 23 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 25 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas