It is one of the best places to see grizzly bears fishing for salmon, and one of the easiest to get to. I have been twice to photograph the bears at brooks falls, staying both at Brooks lodge and at the campsite. At the right time, it is one of the great spectacles of the world. But as the lodge is heavily booked and limits the stay to 3 nights, and the campsite is by lottery, one has to plan ahead to get the most of the stay. To help in the planning I have written an illustrated article with map at http://www.artphototravel.net/usa/bears-brooks-falls/.
Viewing Bears fishing at Brooks Falls, Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NBA tickets??
- 2 Boston hotel & transportation
- 3 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 4 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 5 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 6 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 7 Getaway
- 8 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 9 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 10 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 11 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Theater Historians
- 14 Air Connections on Maui
- 15 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 16 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 17 Black Hills Trip Report
- 18 USA trip
- 19 Sonoma or napa?
- 20 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 21 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 22 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 25 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope