It is one of the best places to see grizzly bears fishing for salmon, and one of the easiest to get to. I have been twice to photograph the bears at brooks falls, staying both at Brooks lodge and at the campsite. At the right time, it is one of the great spectacles of the world. But as the lodge is heavily booked and limits the stay to 3 nights, and the campsite is by lottery, one has to plan ahead to get the most of the stay. To help in the planning I have written an illustrated article with map at http://www.artphototravel.net/usa/bears-brooks-falls/.
Viewing Bears fishing at Brooks Falls, Alaska
View all United States activity »
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 3 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 Biloxi questions again
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed