My wife and I will be travelling in the south in May.
One of our stops is Vicksburg before we go on to New Orleans. Although the drive does not look too far, we would like to stop off somewhere on the way for a night.
Can anyone recommend a nice town, city along the way? We are from the other side of the pond as it were and are looking for a smallish town somewhere, with a good southern flavour. Somewhere like the town in the show "True Blood" if such places exist!
Many thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 2 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 3 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 4 Great OR beach house locations?
- 5 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 8 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 9 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 10 Ideas for New York
- 11 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 12 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 13 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 14 No Spam this morning!!
- 15 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 16 Honeymoon on PCH
- 17 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 18 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 19 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 20 San Francisco transit options
- 21 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 22 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 23 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 24 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 25 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january