My wife and I will be travelling in the south in May.
One of our stops is Vicksburg before we go on to New Orleans. Although the drive does not look too far, we would like to stop off somewhere on the way for a night.
Can anyone recommend a nice town, city along the way? We are from the other side of the pond as it were and are looking for a smallish town somewhere, with a good southern flavour. Somewhere like the town in the show "True Blood" if such places exist!
Many thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 2 Hawaii wedding
- 3 Driving CA 395
- 4 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 5 Adirondacks trip repot
- 6 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 7 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 8 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 9 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 10 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 11 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 12 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 13 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 14 New England Tour
- 15 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 16 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 17 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 18 Downtown Denver hotel
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 21 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 22 San Diego VRBO area
- 23 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 24 Glacier National Park 2018
- 25 Muir Woods in October