My wife and I will be travelling in the south in May.
One of our stops is Vicksburg before we go on to New Orleans. Although the drive does not look too far, we would like to stop off somewhere on the way for a night.
Can anyone recommend a nice town, city along the way? We are from the other side of the pond as it were and are looking for a smallish town somewhere, with a good southern flavour. Somewhere like the town in the show "True Blood" if such places exist!
Many thanks for any ideas
Vicksburg Mississippi to New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 2 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 3 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 4 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 5 Getting to Key West
- 6 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 7 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 8 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 9 West Maui Restaurants
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 12 New Orleans Motel Question
- 13 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 14 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 15 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 16 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 17 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 18 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 19 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 20 Happy Hour
- 21 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 22 road trip Houston-NJ
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 25 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking