My wife and I will be travelling in the south in May.
One of our stops is Vicksburg before we go on to New Orleans. Although the drive does not look too far, we would like to stop off somewhere on the way for a night.
Can anyone recommend a nice town, city along the way? We are from the other side of the pond as it were and are looking for a smallish town somewhere, with a good southern flavour. Somewhere like the town in the show "True Blood" if such places exist!
Many thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 2 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 3 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 4 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 5 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 6 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 7 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 8 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 9 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 10 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 11 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 12 JFK-connection
- 13 Extended weekend beach get away
- 14 Reagan Library
- 15 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 16 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 17 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 18 Southern history- walkable cities
- 19 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 20 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 21 New Software
- 22 MOAB NP
- 23 10 days vacation in Maine
- 24 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 25 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time