My wife and I will be travelling in the south in May.
One of our stops is Vicksburg before we go on to New Orleans. Although the drive does not look too far, we would like to stop off somewhere on the way for a night.
Can anyone recommend a nice town, city along the way? We are from the other side of the pond as it were and are looking for a smallish town somewhere, with a good southern flavour. Somewhere like the town in the show "True Blood" if such places exist!
Many thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 2 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 3 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 4 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 5 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 6 flagstaff
- 7 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 8 US Trip
- 9 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 10 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 11 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 12 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 13 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 14 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 15 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 16 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 17 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 18 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 19 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 20 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 21 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 22 Austin, Hotel
- 23 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 24 Bryce and Zion planning
- 25 Maui - luau question