My wife and I will be travelling in the south in May.
One of our stops is Vicksburg before we go on to New Orleans. Although the drive does not look too far, we would like to stop off somewhere on the way for a night.
Can anyone recommend a nice town, city along the way? We are from the other side of the pond as it were and are looking for a smallish town somewhere, with a good southern flavour. Somewhere like the town in the show "True Blood" if such places exist!
Many thanks for any ideas
Vicksburg Mississippi to New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 2 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 3 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 4 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 5 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 6 New Orleans
- 7 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 8 Baytown, Texas
- 9 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 10 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 11 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 12 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon
- 13 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 14 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 15 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 16 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 17 Santa Barbara area
- 18 Boston in winter?
- 19 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 20 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 21 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 22 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 23 Subway to Peter Luger's?
- 24 Your voice for Airbnb is needed
- 25 Need advice for visiting Oahu.