My wife and I will be travelling in the south in May.
One of our stops is Vicksburg before we go on to New Orleans. Although the drive does not look too far, we would like to stop off somewhere on the way for a night.
Can anyone recommend a nice town, city along the way? We are from the other side of the pond as it were and are looking for a smallish town somewhere, with a good southern flavour. Somewhere like the town in the show "True Blood" if such places exist!
Many thanks for any ideas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 2 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 3 Weather in Chicago
- 4 Help me with this
- 5 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 6 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 7 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 8 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 9 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 10 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 11 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 12 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 13 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 14 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 15 Dining in St. Louis
- 16 AR State Parks
- 17 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 18 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 19 NYC For The Day
- 20 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 21 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 22 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 23 JFK Terminal 8
- 24 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 25 California Trip