Yikes, if you're in the aftermath of the storm zone you probably aren't reading this message, but if so, how is the situation in Vermont ? We are planning to go to a wedding in Hartford, CT on Sept. 10th and then head up to Vermont /New Hampshire for a few days . Our original plan took us up I-91 and cutting over towards Rutland, Middlebury, Shelburne, with a stay in Burlington. The next day we were planning to go to Stowe, St.Johnsbury, the White Mountains of NH (second nite stay). We are flying back to the midwest out of Boston after another nite there. Have been to all these places long ago (like, 20 years or more). Now we're hearing of bridges washed out and flooded towns., mostly in VT. Would it be better just to go from Hartford CT to the White Mountains in New Hampshire(which sounds like it didn't get the bad stuff like VT), or avoid New England altogether? Where can I we get some reliable info about this?
Vermont Travel after Irene
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 2 New England September
- 3 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 4 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 5 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 6 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 7 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 8 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 9 Ackislander
- 10 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 11 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 12 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 13 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 14 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 15 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 16 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 17 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 18 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 19 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 20 Cross Country RV Trip
- 21 Hotels Philly
- 22 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 23 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 24 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 25 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York