My Girlfriend lives in California and I travel there 3 times a year for 4 weeks to visit, I am from the UK and I'm a resident of the UK not USA. I have a full clean UK drivers licence with motorcycle endorsement. I know it is possible to BUY a vehicle/motorbike but would I be able to get insurance? I want to ride while I am there so I'm hoping to find a way. I tried Geico but they said I need a California drivers licence....is this the rule accros the board in California????
Vehicle insurance for traveller
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 2 Hana from the aiport
- 3 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 4 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 5 from Moab to Bryce
- 6 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 7 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 8 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 9 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 10 San Diego-Hotel
- 11 Los Angeles day trips
- 12 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 15 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 16 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 17 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 18 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 19 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 20 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 21 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 22 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 23 Las Vegas in March
- 24 Kauai Garden tours
- 25 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!