How lucky are We!!!
After spending a fabulous 5 weeks travelling the Californian coast/Nevada and a bit of Arizona, barely 9 months ago, we have been fortunate enough to win an all expenses paid trip for two (no kids this time) to Las Vegas. We have also taken the opportunity to extend our visit and have added 3 nights in LA at the end of the trip.
Our Itinerary has been mostly set for us on the 5 nights in Vegas, but any additiional ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. As for LA, not much has been planned, so here is an opportunity to guide us to some of LA's best kept secrets and receive some instant feed back along the way.
I will attempt to post a run-down of each days events, whilst they are still fresh in my, mind, before heading off for breakfast on the following day. Well that is the plan, anyway.
Here is the itinerary, so far.....
MONDAY MARCH 7TH....
Depart our home in Mildura, Australia at 3am for the 5+ hour drive to Melbourne to catch a 10.15 domestic flight to Sydney.
Board a 1.15pm V Australia flight to LA and then transfer to a 11.15am, US West coast time, Delta flight to Vegas.
Book in to the Wynn Hotel.
Use our Wynn gift card at a yet to be determined restauraunt.
Attend a performanace of La Reve.
TUESDAY MARCH 8th...
Breakfast at wynn.
12.30..Meet the other delegates and join in on a "Dune Buggy Adventure.
4.30pm..Arrive back at Wynn...afternnoon and evening at leisure.
WEDNESDAY MARCH 9th...
Full Day at Leisure.
6.45pm..Meet the crew for dinner at Morel's French Steakhouse at the Palazzo.
THURSDAY MARCH 10th...
8.40am...Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour.
12.30pm...Arrive back at Wynn.
6.30pm...Meet again with our fellow travellers for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.
FRIDAY MARCH 11TH...
Morning and Afternoon at our own devices.
6.30pm... Dinner at Zefferino's.
SATURDAY MARCH 12th...
Depart Vegas at 4.25pm on a Delta Flight to LA, arriving at 5.39pm.
Pick up our Ford Mustang hire car at Avis and drive to the Best Western Express at Marina Del Ray and book in to a 1 bedroom suite.
SUNDAY MARCH 13th...
Sunday driving day. Ref.... http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/sunday-driving-in-labest-way-to-spend-a-day-with-a-mustang-convertible.cfm
MONDAY MARCH 14TH...
Not much planned during the day, but we are on the "Standby List" for Jay Leno.
7.30pm...Orlando v Lakers game at the Staples Centre.
TUESDAY MARCH 15TH...
We dont need to take the car back until 7pm and our V Australia flight is not until 10.40pm.
We will play it by ear, but I am pretty keen to spend at least half a day at Universal Studio's as we missed it last time.
There is plenty already on the agenda, but we still have time for so much more. We will no doubt get the the Vegas Outlet Malls and spend many hours on the Gaming roon floor.
Is there anything else that we should not miss?
VEGAS JUNKET 2011....A LIVE (ALMOST) REPORT FROM THE CITY OF SIN!!!
How lucky are We!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 4 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 5 Hotels Philly
- 6 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 9 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 10 Green Flea in NYC
- 11 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 12 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 13 Orlando in March
- 14 New England September
- 15 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 16 Ackislander
- 17 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 18 Cross Country RV Trip
- 19 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 20 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 21 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 24 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 25 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?