How lucky are We!!!
After spending a fabulous 5 weeks travelling the Californian coast/Nevada and a bit of Arizona, barely 9 months ago, we have been fortunate enough to win an all expenses paid trip for two (no kids this time) to Las Vegas. We have also taken the opportunity to extend our visit and have added 3 nights in LA at the end of the trip.
Our Itinerary has been mostly set for us on the 5 nights in Vegas, but any additiional ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. As for LA, not much has been planned, so here is an opportunity to guide us to some of LA's best kept secrets and receive some instant feed back along the way.
I will attempt to post a run-down of each days events, whilst they are still fresh in my, mind, before heading off for breakfast on the following day. Well that is the plan, anyway.
Here is the itinerary, so far.....
MONDAY MARCH 7TH....
Depart our home in Mildura, Australia at 3am for the 5+ hour drive to Melbourne to catch a 10.15 domestic flight to Sydney.
Board a 1.15pm V Australia flight to LA and then transfer to a 11.15am, US West coast time, Delta flight to Vegas.
Book in to the Wynn Hotel.
Use our Wynn gift card at a yet to be determined restauraunt.
Attend a performanace of La Reve.
TUESDAY MARCH 8th...
Breakfast at wynn.
12.30..Meet the other delegates and join in on a "Dune Buggy Adventure.
4.30pm..Arrive back at Wynn...afternnoon and evening at leisure.
WEDNESDAY MARCH 9th...
Full Day at Leisure.
6.45pm..Meet the crew for dinner at Morel's French Steakhouse at the Palazzo.
THURSDAY MARCH 10th...
8.40am...Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour.
12.30pm...Arrive back at Wynn.
6.30pm...Meet again with our fellow travellers for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.
FRIDAY MARCH 11TH...
Morning and Afternoon at our own devices.
6.30pm... Dinner at Zefferino's.
SATURDAY MARCH 12th...
Depart Vegas at 4.25pm on a Delta Flight to LA, arriving at 5.39pm.
Pick up our Ford Mustang hire car at Avis and drive to the Best Western Express at Marina Del Ray and book in to a 1 bedroom suite.
SUNDAY MARCH 13th...
Sunday driving day. Ref.... http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/sunday-driving-in-labest-way-to-spend-a-day-with-a-mustang-convertible.cfm
MONDAY MARCH 14TH...
Not much planned during the day, but we are on the "Standby List" for Jay Leno.
7.30pm...Orlando v Lakers game at the Staples Centre.
TUESDAY MARCH 15TH...
We dont need to take the car back until 7pm and our V Australia flight is not until 10.40pm.
We will play it by ear, but I am pretty keen to spend at least half a day at Universal Studio's as we missed it last time.
There is plenty already on the agenda, but we still have time for so much more. We will no doubt get the the Vegas Outlet Malls and spend many hours on the Gaming roon floor.
Is there anything else that we should not miss?
VEGAS JUNKET 2011....A LIVE (ALMOST) REPORT FROM THE CITY OF SIN!!!
How lucky are We!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 2 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 3 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 4 Atlanta with kids
- 5 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 6 Boston/Fenway park
- 7 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 8 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 9 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 10 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 18 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 19 Family Camp in Maine
- 20 San Diego
- 21 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 22 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles