My husband and I are spending 8-9 days in Vancouver in early October and we hoped to add Washington State into the mix. We will only have one full day for this.
We were thinking about driving to Seattle, Space Needle, dinner and back but are now thinking we'd prefer to have a more chilled/scenic day and see Deception Pass State Park.
From reading some great old threads on here I've come up with this route:
Travel I-99 to the Peace Arch border crossing, then follow I-5 south and exit at Fairhaven/250. Head through Chuckanut down to Whitney, then onto Fidalgo Island. Enter Deception Pass State Park taking in the views and beaches (any tips here? I've read about the jet boat; where do you board?)
We will then probably turn back to Vancouver as I'm not sure we'll have time to continue down Whidbey Island to Coupeville/Langley and take the ferry from Clinton to Mukilteo, then back to Vancouver. Agree?
All tips and advice will be very much appreciated. Plus any lunch/dinner recommendations between Fairhaven and Fidalgo, with sea views if possible.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Capital Loan Associates - Heidi Lawler
- 3 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 4 Novel in Progress
- 5 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 6 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 7 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 8 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 9 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 10 Short Notice
- 11 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 12 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 13 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 14 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 15 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 16 Inn at Key West
- 17 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 18 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 19 Black History Museum
- 20 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 21 Another Great DC Trip
- 22 Chicago 2017
- 23 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 24 arizona rte 66
- 25 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view