Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 San Diego
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Family Camp in Maine
- 7 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 10 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 11 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 19 Travel West Coast
- 20 Timeshare Nightmares
- 21 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 22 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 23 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 24 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 25 Brooklyn why?