Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 6 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 7 Alaska
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 San Diego grocery stores
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles