Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 2 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 3 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 4 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 5 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 10 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 11 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 12 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 17 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 18 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 19 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 20 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 21 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 22 Yosemite Fire
- 23 Lodging - Yosemite
- 24 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr