Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 2 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 3 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 4 Road Trip SW
- 5 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 6 Chicago trip
- 7 NYC IN AUGUST
- 8 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 9 culpepper
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 12 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 13 Fancy dining
- 14 Hotel near Miami airport
- 15 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 16 Will have five days in Savannah
- 17 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 18 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 19 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 20 Itinerary opinions
- 21 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 22 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 23 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 24 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 25 Santa Barbara, California