Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 2 best area to stay in san diego
- 3 Vegas hotels for families
- 4 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 5 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 6 San Antonio Hotels
- 7 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 Do I need to buy tickets in advance for Chicago Art Institute?
- 10 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 12 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 13 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 14 Two airports to choose from?
- 15 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 16 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 17 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 20 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 23 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 24 layover
- 25 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?