Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 2 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 5 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 6 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 7 palm desert, CA
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 9 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 10 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 11 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 12 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 14 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 15 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 18 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 19 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 20 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 21 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 22 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 23 New York Trip
- 24 Balloon fest hotels
- 25 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)