Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Self guided White House tour
- 3 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 6 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 7 Moving to CT
- 8 Hotels Philly
- 9 Northwest USA
- 10 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 11 Ackislander
- 12 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 13 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 14 san diego or nearby area
- 15 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 16 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 17 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 18 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 19 LA for a day and a half
- 20 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 21 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 22 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 23 Texas
- 24 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 25 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question