Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 2 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 3 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 4 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 5 New York Movie Tours & TV Show Tours on your Mobile
- 6 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 7 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 11 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 14 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 15 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 16 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 17 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 18 Is the New York subway safe?
- 19 Skiing New Mexico
- 20 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 21 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 22 Where to from Tampa?
- 23 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 24 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 25 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?