Planning a trip to Utah June, 2014 and seeking advice. 3 adults (60, 55, 53) and 3 children (boys, 9, 11, 14). Flying into Albuquerque and would like to see Utah's national parks, Grand Canyon, and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest on way back to Albuquerque. Can do hiking if not too strenuous. No rafting. Initial thoughts are I-40 West to Canyon de Chelly, continuing 191north to Arches (stops along way other scenic sites), west and south to other national parks. Then to GC and Painted Desert on return trip via I-40 East. We'll have about 10 days. Thoughts/suggestions/recommendations, please. Nothing in stone yet.
UTAH/ARIZONA TRIP 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 2 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 5 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 6 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 7 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 8 Alaska Trip Planning
- 9 New York City-New Things?
- 10 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 11 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 12 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 13 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 14 DC - WW2 flyover
- 15 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 16 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 17 Romantic destination in the US
- 18 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 19 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 20 Kid School Admission
- 21 Mount Vernon?
- 22 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 23 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 24 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice