Hi There -
We're in the early stages of planning an RV trip from Calif. to Michigan to see family. Already the first leg of our trip seems daunting. Maybe any raod-tripping Fodorites out there have some perspective to add?
We're hoping to get from San Jose/Bay Area to Deer Valley, Utah (near SLC) in the first day, then from Deer Vally to Mt. Rushmore in day 2. The plan is to get some distance under our belts so we can spend a full day and night at Mt. Rushmore before hitting the road again.
From Mt. Rushmore, we hope to get as far as mid to eastern Wisconsin. We're trying to put a "buffer" day in the schedule which would cover us if we got tired and wanted to shorten driving hours en route.
Overly Ambitious? Any suggestions for charming towns along the way? Flyfishing spots? Antiqing towns?
Thanks for your insights!
USA Road Trip Driving Estimates
Hi There -
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 3 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 6 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 7 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 8 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 9 A Visit to Charleston
- 10 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 11 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 14 D.C. in a day
- 15 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 16 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 17 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 18 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 19 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 20 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 21 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 22 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 23 Using public transit in San Diego
- 24 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 25 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions