Hi There -
We're in the early stages of planning an RV trip from Calif. to Michigan to see family. Already the first leg of our trip seems daunting. Maybe any raod-tripping Fodorites out there have some perspective to add?
We're hoping to get from San Jose/Bay Area to Deer Valley, Utah (near SLC) in the first day, then from Deer Vally to Mt. Rushmore in day 2. The plan is to get some distance under our belts so we can spend a full day and night at Mt. Rushmore before hitting the road again.
From Mt. Rushmore, we hope to get as far as mid to eastern Wisconsin. We're trying to put a "buffer" day in the schedule which would cover us if we got tired and wanted to shorten driving hours en route.
Overly Ambitious? Any suggestions for charming towns along the way? Flyfishing spots? Antiqing towns?
Thanks for your insights!
USA Road Trip Driving Estimates
Hi There -
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Brooklyn why?
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 10 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 13 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 14 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 15 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants