Hi There -
We're in the early stages of planning an RV trip from Calif. to Michigan to see family. Already the first leg of our trip seems daunting. Maybe any raod-tripping Fodorites out there have some perspective to add?
We're hoping to get from San Jose/Bay Area to Deer Valley, Utah (near SLC) in the first day, then from Deer Vally to Mt. Rushmore in day 2. The plan is to get some distance under our belts so we can spend a full day and night at Mt. Rushmore before hitting the road again.
From Mt. Rushmore, we hope to get as far as mid to eastern Wisconsin. We're trying to put a "buffer" day in the schedule which would cover us if we got tired and wanted to shorten driving hours en route.
Overly Ambitious? Any suggestions for charming towns along the way? Flyfishing spots? Antiqing towns?
Thanks for your insights!
USA Road Trip Driving Estimates
Hi There -
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 3 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 7 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 10 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 Kennedy Space Center
- 15 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 16 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 20 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 21 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014