Hi There -
We're in the early stages of planning an RV trip from Calif. to Michigan to see family. Already the first leg of our trip seems daunting. Maybe any raod-tripping Fodorites out there have some perspective to add?
We're hoping to get from San Jose/Bay Area to Deer Valley, Utah (near SLC) in the first day, then from Deer Vally to Mt. Rushmore in day 2. The plan is to get some distance under our belts so we can spend a full day and night at Mt. Rushmore before hitting the road again.
From Mt. Rushmore, we hope to get as far as mid to eastern Wisconsin. We're trying to put a "buffer" day in the schedule which would cover us if we got tired and wanted to shorten driving hours en route.
Overly Ambitious? Any suggestions for charming towns along the way? Flyfishing spots? Antiqing towns?
Thanks for your insights!
USA Road Trip Driving Estimates
Hi There -
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 3 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 4 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 9 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 14 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 15 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 16 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 17 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 18 Denver in a half day
- 19 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 20 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 21 Oahu ideas
- 22 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 23 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 24 Best places to move to Florida?
- 25 West Coast Bound End of March