My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 2 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 3 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 4 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 5 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 6 US Southwest
- 7 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 8 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 9 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 10 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 adams morgan - safety
- 13 Morning in miami
- 14 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 17 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 18 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 20 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 21 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 22 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 23 What To See and Do in the Grand Rapids Area
- 24 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 25 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?