My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baytown, Texas
- 2 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 3 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 4 Moving from VA to CT
- 5 New Orleans pictures
- 6 New York City in April
- 7 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 8 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 9 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 12 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 13 Boston in winter?
- 14 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 15 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 16 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 20 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 21 Dining in Manhattan
- 22 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 23 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 24 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 25 Sunnen Lake, MO