My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 4 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 9 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 10 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 11 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 12 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Kennedy Space Center
- 15 Jersey City Parking
- 16 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 17 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 18 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 19 Asheville NC without a car
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 Myrtle Beach
- 22 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 23 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.