My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 2 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 5 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 6 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 7 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 10 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 11 Boston/Fenway park
- 12 California self drive trip
- 13 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 14 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 15 Timeshare Nightmares
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 10 day trip to California
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 20 Drive along the Columbia River
- 21 Wine Country Picnic
- 22 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 23 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas