My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 3 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 4 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 5 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 6 Charleston, SC help
- 7 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 8 middlebury vt snow
- 9 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 10 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 11 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 12 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 13 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 14 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 15 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 16 Deep South sept 2015
- 17 Self guided White House tour
- 18 Northwest USA
- 19 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 20 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 21 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 22 Portland, OR hotel question
- 23 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 24 san diego or nearby area
- 25 Texas