My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui vacation
- 2 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 3 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 6 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 7 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 8 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 12 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 13 WISCONSIN
- 14 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 15 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 16 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 17 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 18 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 23 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 24 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 25 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents