My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Door County Suggestions
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 10 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.