My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 8 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 9 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 San Diego Little Italy
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?