My wife and I are planning to visit the USA in 2014 from South Africa, with 2 kids (11,8)and it will be our first visit there. We're now trying to decide between visiting in July or December - December would be easier for us and allow us an extra week's holiday and more sightseeing, but we're not sure conducive the cold weather would be for a holiday with small kids (bearing in mind we don't really know cold weather where we come from!) . Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. We're planning to visit New York city / North East region, California to Las Vegas/ Grand Canyon etc, and possibly Orlando, time permitting. Thanks!
USA 4-week Holiday for 1st timers - July versus December
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 5 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 6 Advice on Roadtrip
- 7 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 8 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 9 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 10 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 11 California San Diego area lodging
- 12 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 13 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 16 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 17 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 18 Montana- what are must see places?
- 19 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 20 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 21 from Moab to Bryce
- 22 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 23 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 24 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 Saison, Chez Panisse, Other Top Restaurants in SF Area