We are a family of 4 (2 boys, aged 10 & 8) coming to the US mid-March 2014, for 4wks. We fly in and out of LA, and have a rough itinerary planned (LA (explore Hollywood, do Disneyland), Legoland, San Diego, Joshua Tree NP, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite NP, San Francisco, back down to LA). As you can see, nature is big for us, but also things like USS Midway in San Diego, pop over to Tjuana, Cable Car museum in San Fran, La Brea Tar Pits in LA,..).
Our question is (one of many, really!): should we hire a car or a campervan? People have said the advantage of a camper is we can stop and eat whenever we want to, we don't need to pack and unpack each day. Advantages of car - hotels usually have 2 double beds and should be cheap-ish at that time of the year, easier to find parking.
Would really appreciate thoughts and comments, as well as any other trip suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.skinliftsup.com/perlelux
- 2 Remove your Wrinkles Instantly with Aqua Refine
- 3 call +1(855) 205-4069 Delta Airlines First Class
- 4 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 5 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 6 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 7 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 8 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 9 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 12 Dallas airport to bush library
- 13 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 14 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 15 Northern California Gardens.
- 16 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 17 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 18 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 19 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 20 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 21 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 22 Arches or Zion?
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 24 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 25 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii