We are a family of 4 (2 boys, aged 10 & 8) coming to the US mid-March 2014, for 4wks. We fly in and out of LA, and have a rough itinerary planned (LA (explore Hollywood, do Disneyland), Legoland, San Diego, Joshua Tree NP, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite NP, San Francisco, back down to LA). As you can see, nature is big for us, but also things like USS Midway in San Diego, pop over to Tjuana, Cable Car museum in San Fran, La Brea Tar Pits in LA,..).
Our question is (one of many, really!): should we hire a car or a campervan? People have said the advantage of a camper is we can stop and eat whenever we want to, we don't need to pack and unpack each day. Advantages of car - hotels usually have 2 double beds and should be cheap-ish at that time of the year, easier to find parking.
Would really appreciate thoughts and comments, as well as any other trip suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 2 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 3 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 4 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 5 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 6 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 7 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 8 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 9 Remove Dark Patches with Zeta White
- 10 Visting a friend during layover
- 11 florida gulf coast
- 12 Alaska trip itinerary
- 13 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 14 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 15 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 16 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 17 Road trip advice needed please
- 18 Chicago restaurants
- 19 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 20 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 21 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 22 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 23 Newark long term parking
- 24 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 25 Roadtrippin on Route 66