Hi all, we are traveling on Hwy 2 from Michigan after going to Sleeping Bear Dunes. Around the lake, through Wisconsin, Minnesota and thinking of maybe continuing to N Dakota to see Theodore Roosevelt park. Ideally we would like to hit as many tourist, scenic drives as possible. Time is not limited as we are traveling to our house in Nevada. So we want to do Mt Rushmore, maybe Yellowstone. I could go on interstate and head West but heard that Hwy 2 is magnificant scenery. Would it make more sense to hop on the highways after the Great Lakes and forgo the rest of Hwy 2? Maybe it is not so scenic after Wisconsin. Planning to stop in Ashland and do the mural walk. Any ideas? Thanks.
US Hwy 2 from Mich to West Coast, ND, MN, & SD
View all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 2 RIP Judy Rogers
- 3 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 4 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 5 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 6 Boston area
- 7 Savanah Sojourn
- 8 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 11 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 12 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 13 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 14 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 15 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 16 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 17 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 18 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 19 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 20 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 23 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 24 Rockport, MA dining?
- 25 Charlotte Area Suggestions