Hi all, we are traveling on Hwy 2 from Michigan after going to Sleeping Bear Dunes. Around the lake, through Wisconsin, Minnesota and thinking of maybe continuing to N Dakota to see Theodore Roosevelt park. Ideally we would like to hit as many tourist, scenic drives as possible. Time is not limited as we are traveling to our house in Nevada. So we want to do Mt Rushmore, maybe Yellowstone. I could go on interstate and head West but heard that Hwy 2 is magnificant scenery. Would it make more sense to hop on the highways after the Great Lakes and forgo the rest of Hwy 2? Maybe it is not so scenic after Wisconsin. Planning to stop in Ashland and do the mural walk. Any ideas? Thanks.
US Hwy 2 from Mich to West Coast, ND, MN, & SD
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?