We are planning the summer travel for me and my family (wife and two kids -9 and 11-).
Last year we went to Yosemite. We rented an RV in San Francisco and then travelled to LA passing through Yosemite and the Sequoia National Park.
This year we will be traveling to US East Coast from 07/ 5 to 07/18, and the plan is again to combine city and nature if possible.
07/05 - Lands at JFK approx at 6 AM. And move towards Washington D.C. by car.
07/06 - to 07-08. Whashington D.C.
07/08- Leave Whashington D.C.
07/14 – to 07/18 NYC.
We have no hotel reservation yet from 07/08 to 07/14.
We are interested in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and to stay in a campground (tent camping) or a hotel-motel, near nice places to visit or trails in the woods, lake or beach to spend the day there.
Is it worth to consider a place in a state like Maryland (Ocean City), New Jersey (Cape May, Wildwood), Delaware (Rehoboth or Dewey Beach), considering that we live in Mexico City and have great beaches 4 hours driving from home??
1.- Since this is a long trip, we are in a budget. Would you suggest any particular place to stay with Kids from 07/08 to 07/14?
2.- Is it worth to go to Philadelphia and Atlantic City, or we better stay in NYC and D.C. and than head to the country side?
3.- We can rent a car for those days.
4.- Any suggestions to improve the itinerary?
5.- Is there anything else we need to take note on that is important?
Thanks for all the inputs you guys gonna provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Watch NFL 11 December 2016 Live online hdtv coverage
- 2 Is Myrtle Beach, SC a good option for new years weekend?
- 3 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 4 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 5 Special Rate for LGA
- 6 Itinerary help please - Monterey & Sonoma
- 7 Jazzfest side trips
- 8 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 Miami
- 11 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 12 Back from the Big Easy
- 13 Driving Alaska
- 14 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 15 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 16 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 March in New Mexico
- 19 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 20 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 21 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 22 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 23 Border crossing
- 24 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 25 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please