We are planning the summer travel for me and my family (wife and two kids -9 and 11-).
Last year we went to Yosemite. We rented an RV in San Francisco and then travelled to LA passing through Yosemite and the Sequoia National Park.
This year we will be traveling to US East Coast from 07/ 5 to 07/18, and the plan is again to combine city and nature if possible.
07/05 - Lands at JFK approx at 6 AM. And move towards Washington D.C. by car.
07/06 - to 07-08. Whashington D.C.
07/08- Leave Whashington D.C.
07/14 – to 07/18 NYC.
We have no hotel reservation yet from 07/08 to 07/14.
We are interested in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and to stay in a campground (tent camping) or a hotel-motel, near nice places to visit or trails in the woods, lake or beach to spend the day there.
Is it worth to consider a place in a state like Maryland (Ocean City), New Jersey (Cape May, Wildwood), Delaware (Rehoboth or Dewey Beach), considering that we live in Mexico City and have great beaches 4 hours driving from home??
1.- Since this is a long trip, we are in a budget. Would you suggest any particular place to stay with Kids from 07/08 to 07/14?
2.- Is it worth to go to Philadelphia and Atlantic City, or we better stay in NYC and D.C. and than head to the country side?
3.- We can rent a car for those days.
4.- Any suggestions to improve the itinerary?
5.- Is there anything else we need to take note on that is important?
Thanks for all the inputs you guys gonna provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 2 Rules of the NY Subway
- 3 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 4 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 5 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 6 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 7 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 8 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 9 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 10 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 11 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 12 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 13 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 14 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 15 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 16 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 17 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 18 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 19 sugestions
- 20 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 21 Big Sur Help!!
- 22 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 23 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 24 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 25 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)