We are planning the summer travel for me and my family (wife and two kids -9 and 11-).
Last year we went to Yosemite. We rented an RV in San Francisco and then travelled to LA passing through Yosemite and the Sequoia National Park.
This year we will be traveling to US East Coast from 07/ 5 to 07/18, and the plan is again to combine city and nature if possible.
07/05 - Lands at JFK approx at 6 AM. And move towards Washington D.C. by car.
07/06 - to 07-08. Whashington D.C.
07/08- Leave Whashington D.C.
07/14 – to 07/18 NYC.
We have no hotel reservation yet from 07/08 to 07/14.
We are interested in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and to stay in a campground (tent camping) or a hotel-motel, near nice places to visit or trails in the woods, lake or beach to spend the day there.
Is it worth to consider a place in a state like Maryland (Ocean City), New Jersey (Cape May, Wildwood), Delaware (Rehoboth or Dewey Beach), considering that we live in Mexico City and have great beaches 4 hours driving from home??
1.- Since this is a long trip, we are in a budget. Would you suggest any particular place to stay with Kids from 07/08 to 07/14?
2.- Is it worth to go to Philadelphia and Atlantic City, or we better stay in NYC and D.C. and than head to the country side?
3.- We can rent a car for those days.
4.- Any suggestions to improve the itinerary?
5.- Is there anything else we need to take note on that is important?
Thanks for all the inputs you guys gonna provide.
US East Coast summer vacations with Kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 2 bachelors degree
- 3 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 4 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 5 Getting to Key West
- 6 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 7 New Orleans Motel Question
- 8 Broadway Banter - Winter 2010 - 11
- 9 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 10 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 11 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 12 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 13 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 14 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 15 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 16 West Maui Restaurants
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 19 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 20 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 21 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 22 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 23 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 24 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 25 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach