We are planning the summer travel for me and my family (wife and two kids -9 and 11-).
Last year we went to Yosemite. We rented an RV in San Francisco and then travelled to LA passing through Yosemite and the Sequoia National Park.
This year we will be traveling to US East Coast from 07/ 5 to 07/18, and the plan is again to combine city and nature if possible.
07/05 - Lands at JFK approx at 6 AM. And move towards Washington D.C. by car.
07/06 - to 07-08. Whashington D.C.
07/08- Leave Whashington D.C.
07/14 – to 07/18 NYC.
We have no hotel reservation yet from 07/08 to 07/14.
We are interested in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and to stay in a campground (tent camping) or a hotel-motel, near nice places to visit or trails in the woods, lake or beach to spend the day there.
Is it worth to consider a place in a state like Maryland (Ocean City), New Jersey (Cape May, Wildwood), Delaware (Rehoboth or Dewey Beach), considering that we live in Mexico City and have great beaches 4 hours driving from home??
1.- Since this is a long trip, we are in a budget. Would you suggest any particular place to stay with Kids from 07/08 to 07/14?
2.- Is it worth to go to Philadelphia and Atlantic City, or we better stay in NYC and D.C. and than head to the country side?
3.- We can rent a car for those days.
4.- Any suggestions to improve the itinerary?
5.- Is there anything else we need to take note on that is important?
Thanks for all the inputs you guys gonna provide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 3 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 Touring Hearst Castle
- 6 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 7 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 8 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 9 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 10 car rentals in San Diego
- 11 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 12 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 13 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 14 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 15 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 16 Angels Landing
- 17 First time visit to California
- 18 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 19 NY State Assembly Internship
- 20 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 21 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 22 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 23 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 24 San Francisco
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles