We are planning the summer travel for me and my family (wife and two kids -9 and 11-).
Last year we went to Yosemite. We rented an RV in San Francisco and then travelled to LA passing through Yosemite and the Sequoia National Park.
This year we will be traveling to US East Coast from 07/ 5 to 07/18, and the plan is again to combine city and nature if possible.
07/05 - Lands at JFK approx at 6 AM. And move towards Washington D.C. by car.
07/06 - to 07-08. Whashington D.C.
07/08- Leave Whashington D.C.
07/14 – to 07/18 NYC.
We have no hotel reservation yet from 07/08 to 07/14.
We are interested in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and to stay in a campground (tent camping) or a hotel-motel, near nice places to visit or trails in the woods, lake or beach to spend the day there.
Is it worth to consider a place in a state like Maryland (Ocean City), New Jersey (Cape May, Wildwood), Delaware (Rehoboth or Dewey Beach), considering that we live in Mexico City and have great beaches 4 hours driving from home??
1.- Since this is a long trip, we are in a budget. Would you suggest any particular place to stay with Kids from 07/08 to 07/14?
2.- Is it worth to go to Philadelphia and Atlantic City, or we better stay in NYC and D.C. and than head to the country side?
3.- We can rent a car for those days.
4.- Any suggestions to improve the itinerary?
5.- Is there anything else we need to take note on that is important?
Thanks for all the inputs you guys gonna provide.
US East Coast summer vacations with Kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint