My husband and our 2 children (8 and 11) are planning a trip "out west" for our summer vacation. We will be going the 3rd week of AUGUST, 2012. Currently, though we have not made any reservations, our trip looks like this: fly into Las Vegas,go to the Hoover Dam and drive to Kingman, AZ and stay the night. Next morning drive to South Rim of Grand Canyon (2 nights there), then drive to Lake Powell, Page, Az (2 nights there) then drive to Zion N.P. (2 nights there) then drive back to Vegas for the night and fly home the next morning. Here is my question: We love to hike and swim and want to try and fit as much in as possible. Here is a catch: we really like UPSCALE accommodations. I know - beggars can't be choosy but, we have not found much better than a "motel" at most of those locations. Is there a different itinerary (Yellowstone or Black Hills or something?) that would afford us the GREAT hiking and incredible views BUT STILL ALLOW FOR US TO GO BACK AT NIGHT TO A GREAT RESORT/RENTAL/LOG CABIN/QUAINT TOWN?
Upscale Accommodations? "Out West" US Parks itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 2 Grand Teton in October
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 5 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 6 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 7 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 8 adams morgan - safety
- 9 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 10 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 11 Morning in miami
- 12 Las Vegas must sees
- 13 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 14 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 15 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 16 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 17 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 18 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 19 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 20 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 21 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 22 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 23 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 24 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 25 US Southwest