My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 2 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 3 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 4 Hilton Head
- 5 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 6 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 7 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 8 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 9 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 10 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 11 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 12 louisiana bayou
- 13 The Adolphus
- 14 New York City Craft Beer Bar & Art Gallery
- 15 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 16 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 17 Country bumpkins road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 19 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 20 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 21 New Orleans logistics
- 22 Southern U.S. BBQ Trip May 2015
- 23 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 24 North Oregon Coast touring
- 25 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)