My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.garciniasstore.com/green-naturals-garcinia/
- 2 Florida with a 2 year old
- 3 Get Silky Hair with Follicle RX
- 4 Day Night Sensor Auto On & Off Switch
- 5 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 6 Automatic Night Switch sensor switch
- 7 Homestay
- 8 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 California road trip
- 11 Tony’s Locksmith Inc
- 12 IS IT SAFE TO USE?
- 13 Colorado itinerary
- 14 Oregon Coast question
- 15 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 16 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 17 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 18 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 19 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 20 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 21 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 22 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 23 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?
- 24 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 25 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)