My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/lumonol/
- 2 Anchorage-Seward Daytrip -- Train or Bus?
- 3 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 4 YellowStone or Grand Canyon in August?
- 5 Roadtrip to Yosemite etc
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 10 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 11 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 12 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 13 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 14 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 15 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 16 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 17 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 18 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 19 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 20 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 21 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 22 limited mobility for Savannah
- 23 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 24 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 25 Northwest Passage
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)