My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3rd Attempt - Road Trip Utah June 2016
- 2 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 3 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/inherent-beauty-serum/
- 4 http://www.thecrazymass.com/maxtropin/
- 5 Nashville restaurants
- 6 Megadrox One common mistake
- 7 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 8 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 9 Lifedryn Can Make You Slim In Less Time
- 10 http://topmusclemighty.com/pro-shred-elite/
- 11 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 12 http://brainfireadvice.com/rexburn/
- 13 http://comaarp.org/edge-bioactives-spartagen-xt/
- 14 http://www.wecareskincare.com/luxia-no-7/
- 15 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 16 Across country drive
- 17 The Natural TBal75 Trenbolone
- 18 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 19 http://brainfireadvice.com/rexburn/
- 20 http://comaarp.org/edge-bioactives-spartagen-xt/
- 21 http://www.singlerank.com/somnapure-natural-sleep-aid/
- 22 http://brainfireadvice.com/rexburn/
- 23 http://comaarp.org/edge-bioactives-spartagen-xt/
- 24 Yosemite Hike
- 25 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/inherent-beauty-serum/
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)