My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 2 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 5 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 6 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 7 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 8 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 9 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 10 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 11 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 12 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 13 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 14 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 15 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 16 Boston waterfront Italian
- 17 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 18 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 21 Napa valley getaway
- 22 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 23 Day in Spokane
- 24 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 25 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)