My wife and I are planning to visit Hawaii for the very first next next July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Right now, flight tickets out of Quebec City, Canada to Honolulu are around $550 total one-way (each person). Tickets to get back looks to be in the same range ($550/person) from either Maui or Big Island, so it means around $1100/person round-trip. And it looks like doing a multi-city search is almost the same as well. Hawaiian Airlines seems to be the best for inter-island flights.
Do the fares usually drop in January for a July trip, or it won't change too much than from now? Is it better to buy now? There are lots of things to plan and I don't want to miss chances for lodging by getting my tickets too late.
I often fly from Burlington, VT and get much cheaper rates, but for Hawaii, it seems it's not the case, it's even more expensive than from Quebec City. I've tried several separate combinations to try to get the best rates (Quebec/LA, LA-Hawaii, Quebec/Seattle, Seattle/Hawaii, Quebec/Las Vegas, LV/Hawaii) but it gives me higher rates than just flying directly from home to Hawaii and let the carrier organize the stops.
I've already bought several travel guides (3 of the "Hawaii Revealed" ones (Oahu, Maui, The Big Island), that look to be some of the best guides available) and alkso "No Worries Hawaii" to help me plan my trip.
I'm planning to do 6 nights in Oahu, 6 night in Maui and 5 nights in Big Island. Is it too much?
I'm on a budget, so I'm looking for cheap (but clean) lodging options, hotels, or rental condos. I also plan to rent a car for each island.
Thanks for any input regarding flight tickets or other suggestions for the trip. We can't wait to go to Hawaii, I've always dreamed to get there since I was watching Hawaii 5-0 in my youth!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 2 usa roadtrip
- 3 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 4 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 5 arizona rte 66
- 6 Where to live in the North East
- 7 Hawaii and...where?
- 8 Short Oregon Trip
- 9 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 10 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 11 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 12 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 13 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 14 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 15 Another Great DC Trip
- 16 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 17 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 18 Black History Museum
- 19 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 20 Chicago 2017
- 21 How much time in Badlands?
- 22 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 23 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 24 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 25 DC Restaurants
Upcoming 1st Hawaii trip in July (infos needed for planning)