I would appreciate information about the logistics of flying East (JFK?), taking a train to some village/town on the Hudson, renting a car and exploring the Woodstock, western MA area. I really wanted to avoid getting anywhere close to driving in the New York City area and thought that I could possibly get to Grand Central Station (how?), get a train (how?) and get off at beautiful area (where?) , stay at a lovely B&B or spa for a couple of days and then rent a car to leisurely explore the area ... two week total. I don't know this area at all and would really appreciate ideas and information.
Up The Hudson River ... From California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 2 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 3 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 4 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 5 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 8 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 9 WISCONSIN
- 10 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 Brooklyn why?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.