I would appreciate information about the logistics of flying East (JFK?), taking a train to some village/town on the Hudson, renting a car and exploring the Woodstock, western MA area. I really wanted to avoid getting anywhere close to driving in the New York City area and thought that I could possibly get to Grand Central Station (how?), get a train (how?) and get off at beautiful area (where?) , stay at a lovely B&B or spa for a couple of days and then rent a car to leisurely explore the area ... two week total. I don't know this area at all and would really appreciate ideas and information.
Up The Hudson River ... From California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 replica designer handbags
- 3 Portland Maine Hotels
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 6 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 9 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 united and carry-ons
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 14 Cape Cod in early April
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 24 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii