OK, we have decided to slow it down, and spend two leisurely weeks on the big island in January! So, I'd love to hear if any of you have done this before, and what the best towns are to stay in. I imagine we will spend three nights with friends (who live near the big volcano park), and then spread the remaining 11 nights between 3 or 4 other locations.
I'd love to hear your suggestions! Thanks!
Two weeks on Big Island 12/31 - 1/14
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 palm desert, CA
- 2 New York Trip
- 3 Balloon fest hotels
- 4 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 5 Philadelphia ?
- 6 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 7 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 8 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 9 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 10 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 11 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 12 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 13 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 14 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 15 late-night DC restaurant
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 18 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 19 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 20 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 21 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 22 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 23 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 24 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 25 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?