We are flying to Denver June 24th for a two week vacation to the national parks. We would like to visit RockyMountain NP, Windcave NP/Custer State Park, Badland NP, Yellowstone NP and GrandTeton NP. This may sound like a lot, but it's inspired by our success last summer when we did a similar trip (10days in the Canyon country with 4nights camping out). We loved the camping part (2nights each at GrandCanyon and Bryce) when we felt so close to nature.
My questions are:
1. Lodging/camping: I've only booked three nights (July 3-5) inside Yellowstone at Grant Village. We planned to camp a few nights here and there again, but now I'm worried about the cool nights and wild storms... My children are 5 and 3.5 now. Is it going to be too much? We don't care for fancy hotels, only a plcae to sleep. So if not camping, where would you suggest us staying en route?
2. Itinerary: Right now I'm thinking of going Denver-Grand Lake (RMNP)-Hot Springs (WCNP)-Custer-BadLand NP-Cody/RedLodge-YSNP-GTNP-Denver. Do you think it's doable? How long should we stay at each place? Any other route you'd suggest? We're not going to do serious hikes, obviously, mostly driving, short hikes, and observing nature and animals...
Thanks a lot!
two weeks CO WY MT late June/early July with two toddlers
- 1 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 2 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 3 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 6 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 7 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 RIP Judy Rogers
- 10 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 11 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 12 Boston area
- 13 Savanah Sojourn
- 14 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 15 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 18 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 19 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 20 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 21 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 22 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 23 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 24 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 25 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!