We are flying to Denver June 24th for a two week vacation to the national parks. We would like to visit RockyMountain NP, Windcave NP/Custer State Park, Badland NP, Yellowstone NP and GrandTeton NP. This may sound like a lot, but it's inspired by our success last summer when we did a similar trip (10days in the Canyon country with 4nights camping out). We loved the camping part (2nights each at GrandCanyon and Bryce) when we felt so close to nature.
My questions are:
1. Lodging/camping: I've only booked three nights (July 3-5) inside Yellowstone at Grant Village. We planned to camp a few nights here and there again, but now I'm worried about the cool nights and wild storms... My children are 5 and 3.5 now. Is it going to be too much? We don't care for fancy hotels, only a plcae to sleep. So if not camping, where would you suggest us staying en route?
2. Itinerary: Right now I'm thinking of going Denver-Grand Lake (RMNP)-Hot Springs (WCNP)-Custer-BadLand NP-Cody/RedLodge-YSNP-GTNP-Denver. Do you think it's doable? How long should we stay at each place? Any other route you'd suggest? We're not going to do serious hikes, obviously, mostly driving, short hikes, and observing nature and animals...
Thanks a lot!
two weeks CO WY MT late June/early July with two toddlers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 3 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 4 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 5 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 6 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Dining in D.C.
- 11 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 12 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 13 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 14 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 15 Jersey City Parking
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 20 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 21 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 22 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 23 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 24 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 25 Alaska cruise and land