Can anyone help with some hints and tips for my family summer vacation? We are 2 adults and a teenager, we will spend 3 days visiting Boston and intend to hire a car to visit further up the coast, I believe its called 'downeast'. We like coast and lakes, not too crowded and I know its the busiest time to go! We like character and some creature comforts. We have visited Yosemite and Colorado in previous visits to the USA and thought they were beautiful. We would like to get a flavour of Maine and New Hampshire with some rest and not too much time in the car. We thought we would return to Boston to catch the train to NY. Accommodation for three is my main problem, space for us all without breaking the bank! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Two week vacation arriving Boston end of July leaving from New York
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Broadway this week
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 New York, New York...
- 14 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 15 trains in Europe
- 16 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 17 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 18 USA trip
- 19 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 20 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 21 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 22 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 23 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 24 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???