Can anyone help with some hints and tips for my family summer vacation? We are 2 adults and a teenager, we will spend 3 days visiting Boston and intend to hire a car to visit further up the coast, I believe its called 'downeast'. We like coast and lakes, not too crowded and I know its the busiest time to go! We like character and some creature comforts. We have visited Yosemite and Colorado in previous visits to the USA and thought they were beautiful. We would like to get a flavour of Maine and New Hampshire with some rest and not too much time in the car. We thought we would return to Boston to catch the train to NY. Accommodation for three is my main problem, space for us all without breaking the bank! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Two week vacation arriving Boston end of July leaving from New York
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 3 California road trip
- 4 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 5 Seattle Hyatts
- 6 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 7 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 8 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 9 San Diego - wher to stay
- 10 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 11 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 14 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 15 Berkshires in late October
- 16 2 day in Adirondack park
- 17 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 NYC Clubs for live music
- 20 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 21 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 22 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 23 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?