Can anyone help with some hints and tips for my family summer vacation? We are 2 adults and a teenager, we will spend 3 days visiting Boston and intend to hire a car to visit further up the coast, I believe its called 'downeast'. We like coast and lakes, not too crowded and I know its the busiest time to go! We like character and some creature comforts. We have visited Yosemite and Colorado in previous visits to the USA and thought they were beautiful. We would like to get a flavour of Maine and New Hampshire with some rest and not too much time in the car. We thought we would return to Boston to catch the train to NY. Accommodation for three is my main problem, space for us all without breaking the bank! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Two week vacation arriving Boston end of July leaving from New York
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 2 New England in the fall
- 3 relocating travel
- 4 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 5 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 6 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 7 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 8 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 9 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 10 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 11 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 12 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 13 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 14 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 15 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 16 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 17 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 18 Mesa Verde
- 19 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 20 Seattle Hyatts
- 21 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 22 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?