Can anyone help with some hints and tips for my family summer vacation? We are 2 adults and a teenager, we will spend 3 days visiting Boston and intend to hire a car to visit further up the coast, I believe its called 'downeast'. We like coast and lakes, not too crowded and I know its the busiest time to go! We like character and some creature comforts. We have visited Yosemite and Colorado in previous visits to the USA and thought they were beautiful. We would like to get a flavour of Maine and New Hampshire with some rest and not too much time in the car. We thought we would return to Boston to catch the train to NY. Accommodation for three is my main problem, space for us all without breaking the bank! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Two week vacation arriving Boston end of July leaving from New York
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Wine Country Picnic
- 5 Washington DC Metro
- 6 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 7 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 8 Road trip through the south
- 9 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 10 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 11 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 12 Myrtle Beach
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Colorado in the summer!
- 15 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 16 Getting around Las Vegas
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 Travel West Coast
- 19 Rafting near Denali
- 20 Where to go in Maine?
- 21 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 22 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 25 Kennebunkport and....?