Can anyone help with some hints and tips for my family summer vacation? We are 2 adults and a teenager, we will spend 3 days visiting Boston and intend to hire a car to visit further up the coast, I believe its called 'downeast'. We like coast and lakes, not too crowded and I know its the busiest time to go! We like character and some creature comforts. We have visited Yosemite and Colorado in previous visits to the USA and thought they were beautiful. We would like to get a flavour of Maine and New Hampshire with some rest and not too much time in the car. We thought we would return to Boston to catch the train to NY. Accommodation for three is my main problem, space for us all without breaking the bank! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Two week vacation arriving Boston end of July leaving from New York
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Alaska
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 6 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 7 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 10 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 14 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 15 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 San Diego parks and attractions
- 18 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 19 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 20 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 23 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 24 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 25 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa