Hello fellow Fodorites!
I'm planning a two week road trip from Florida to Oklahoma (I have to be there for a conference in mid-July) and back, with my girlfriend. While I know this email is very vague and I usually do a lot more research before posting, I thought I might just let you know some initial ideas I had about stops and possible sightseeing...and you can help me fill in the days with other ideas that I might not have considered, particularly if you know the states of Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma well.
The route I was looking at is the one that takes me through Tallahassee, Montgomery, then taking a few day detour to hang out with a friend at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa (and go kayaking and hiking?), through Memphis, through Little Rock, and then Westward to OKC.
I am mostly interested in scenic views, hikes, waterfalls, camping (we will have our camping gear but will also stay in hotels as often as necessary), wildlife, bike trails (if we can rent bikes), kayaking, etc. I'm good with staying in lodges too, in the middle of wildnerness... I would also love to do random things like fruit picking, or something like that. Yes, I know it will be the middle of July, but maybe ??? I don't know.
I really don't need to even go through those major cities (except for a definite few days in Tuscaloosa). I'm pretty flexible about routes and stops and can even go past Oklahoma or head North a bit if there is something amazing I should check out.
I was thinking about also exploring this state park in AR:
...and it was recommended to me that while I am in OKC, I can't miss the National Cowboy Museum! I know nothing about cowboys, but maybe it will blow my mind. I am not sure.
Thank you so much for your time and input. I am grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://platinumcleanserinfo.com/ripped-testo-and-ripped-nox/
- 2 Metabolism And Gain Muscle
- 3 http://klereumcol.com/zymax-male-enhancement/
- 4 http://skincaresfreetrial.com/ripped-testo-reviews/
- 5 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/survive-the-end-days-book-reviews/
- 6 Western USA instead of XC road trip - Qs
- 7 Crazy Mass Legal Steriods - better your Sleeping Pattern
- 8 Alaska or northwestern states
- 9 Driving Salt Lake to Chicago
- 10 San Francisco to LA road trip
- 11 For anyone driving I-5 thru central CA in the next week . . .
- 12 NJ to Florida drive
- 13 kauai hiking on kalalau
- 14 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 15 Charleston and Savannah
- 16 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 17 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 18 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 19 Franklin, TN
- 20 Restaurants in or close to Cary, North Carolina
- 21 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 22 Restaurants in Kiawah Island, SC
- 23 Road Trip Loop San Fran south to Monterey - then -east
- 24 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 25 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
Two-week road trip from FL to AL, AR, OK (possibly MS and TN?)
Hello fellow Fodorites!