Hello fellow Fodorites!
I'm planning a two week road trip from Florida to Oklahoma (I have to be there for a conference in mid-July) and back, with my girlfriend. While I know this email is very vague and I usually do a lot more research before posting, I thought I might just let you know some initial ideas I had about stops and possible sightseeing...and you can help me fill in the days with other ideas that I might not have considered, particularly if you know the states of Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma well.
The route I was looking at is the one that takes me through Tallahassee, Montgomery, then taking a few day detour to hang out with a friend at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa (and go kayaking and hiking?), through Memphis, through Little Rock, and then Westward to OKC.
I am mostly interested in scenic views, hikes, waterfalls, camping (we will have our camping gear but will also stay in hotels as often as necessary), wildlife, bike trails (if we can rent bikes), kayaking, etc. I'm good with staying in lodges too, in the middle of wildnerness... I would also love to do random things like fruit picking, or something like that. Yes, I know it will be the middle of July, but maybe ??? I don't know.
I really don't need to even go through those major cities (except for a definite few days in Tuscaloosa). I'm pretty flexible about routes and stops and can even go past Oklahoma or head North a bit if there is something amazing I should check out.
I was thinking about also exploring this state park in AR:
...and it was recommended to me that while I am in OKC, I can't miss the National Cowboy Museum! I know nothing about cowboys, but maybe it will blow my mind. I am not sure.
Thank you so much for your time and input. I am grateful.
Two-week road trip from FL to AL, AR, OK (possibly MS and TN?)
Hello fellow Fodorites!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle America in October
- 2 From Seattle airport to the city
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 New York City Christmas Trip
- 5 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 6 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 7 visit to HIghLine
- 8 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 9 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 12 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 13 Colorado Skiing
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 16 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 17 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 18 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 19 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 20 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 21 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 22 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 23 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 24 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015