Hello fellow Fodorites!
I'm planning a two week road trip from Florida to Oklahoma (I have to be there for a conference in mid-July) and back, with my girlfriend. While I know this email is very vague and I usually do a lot more research before posting, I thought I might just let you know some initial ideas I had about stops and possible sightseeing...and you can help me fill in the days with other ideas that I might not have considered, particularly if you know the states of Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma well.
The route I was looking at is the one that takes me through Tallahassee, Montgomery, then taking a few day detour to hang out with a friend at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa (and go kayaking and hiking?), through Memphis, through Little Rock, and then Westward to OKC.
I am mostly interested in scenic views, hikes, waterfalls, camping (we will have our camping gear but will also stay in hotels as often as necessary), wildlife, bike trails (if we can rent bikes), kayaking, etc. I'm good with staying in lodges too, in the middle of wildnerness... I would also love to do random things like fruit picking, or something like that. Yes, I know it will be the middle of July, but maybe ??? I don't know.
I really don't need to even go through those major cities (except for a definite few days in Tuscaloosa). I'm pretty flexible about routes and stops and can even go past Oklahoma or head North a bit if there is something amazing I should check out.
I was thinking about also exploring this state park in AR:
...and it was recommended to me that while I am in OKC, I can't miss the National Cowboy Museum! I know nothing about cowboys, but maybe it will blow my mind. I am not sure.
Thank you so much for your time and input. I am grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 2 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 3 Uber boston
- 4 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 5 Trip to USA in July
- 6 Wine Country
- 7 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 8 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 9 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 10 Florida vacation
- 11 Florida beach vacation
- 12 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 13 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 14 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 15 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 16 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 17 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 18 I95
- 19 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 20 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 21 What streets are safest to live on in the French Quarter?
- 22 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 23 Pt Everglades to fll
- 24 Change planes in Atlanta
- 25 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
Two-week road trip from FL to AL, AR, OK (possibly MS and TN?)
Hello fellow Fodorites!