Hello fellow Fodorites!
I'm planning a two week road trip from Florida to Oklahoma (I have to be there for a conference in mid-July) and back, with my girlfriend. While I know this email is very vague and I usually do a lot more research before posting, I thought I might just let you know some initial ideas I had about stops and possible sightseeing...and you can help me fill in the days with other ideas that I might not have considered, particularly if you know the states of Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma well.
The route I was looking at is the one that takes me through Tallahassee, Montgomery, then taking a few day detour to hang out with a friend at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa (and go kayaking and hiking?), through Memphis, through Little Rock, and then Westward to OKC.
I am mostly interested in scenic views, hikes, waterfalls, camping (we will have our camping gear but will also stay in hotels as often as necessary), wildlife, bike trails (if we can rent bikes), kayaking, etc. I'm good with staying in lodges too, in the middle of wildnerness... I would also love to do random things like fruit picking, or something like that. Yes, I know it will be the middle of July, but maybe ??? I don't know.
I really don't need to even go through those major cities (except for a definite few days in Tuscaloosa). I'm pretty flexible about routes and stops and can even go past Oklahoma or head North a bit if there is something amazing I should check out.
I was thinking about also exploring this state park in AR:
...and it was recommended to me that while I am in OKC, I can't miss the National Cowboy Museum! I know nothing about cowboys, but maybe it will blow my mind. I am not sure.
Thank you so much for your time and input. I am grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Indy 500 Live Stream Online Free Race
- 2 Indy 500 Live Stream 2017 Indianapolis 500 live Online Free
- 3 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 4 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 5 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 6 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 7 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 8 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 9 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 10 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 11 sugestions
- 12 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 13 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 15 Rules of the NY Subway
- 16 Big Sur Help!!
- 17 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 18 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 19 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 20 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 21 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 22 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 23 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 24 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 25 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
Two-week road trip from FL to AL, AR, OK (possibly MS and TN?)
Hello fellow Fodorites!