Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.
With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.
From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.
William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.
A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot. In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.
Two Nice Scenic Drives
- 1 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 2 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 3 hello guys....
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 6 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 7 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 8 Albuquerque to Denver
- 9 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 10 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 11 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 14 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 15 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 16 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 17 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 18 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 19 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 20 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 21 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 22 Michigan Beaches
- 23 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 24 Middlebury vt quickie
- 25 STL Bucket List - College Student