Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.
With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.
From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.
William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.
A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot. In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.
Two Nice Scenic Drives
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 4 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 7 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 11 charlotte
- 12 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 13 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 14 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 15 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 16 Sonoma or napa?
- 17 USA trip
- 18 Black Hills Trip Report
- 19 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 20 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 21 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 22 Cape Cod in October
- 23 Air Connections on Maui
- 24 Theater Historians
- 25 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!