Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.
With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.
From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.
William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.
A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot. In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://gomusclebuilding.com/enduro-force/
- 2 Buy MyHep All
- 3 Las Vegas trip report
- 4 How much cash do you travel with?
- 5 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 8 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 9 sugestions
- 10 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 11 Boston area hotels
- 12 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 13 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 14 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 15 Santa Fe Itineray
- 16 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 17 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 18 Quick road trip
- 19 What to request?
- 20 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 21 How much cash do you travel with?
- 22 Miami for 2 days
- 23 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 24 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 25 Oregon Coast road trip