Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.
With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.
From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.
William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.
A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot. In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 2 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 3 Driving Alaska
- 4 Border crossing
- 5 March in New Mexico
- 6 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 7 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 8 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 9 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 10 Back from the Big Easy
- 11 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 12 Cross country tips
- 13 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 14 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Parka in PA during February?
- 17 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 18 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 19 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 20 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 21 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 22 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 23 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 CEO Dollar Rental Car