Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.
With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.
From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.
William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.
A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot. In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 Valdez, Alaska
- 4 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 5 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 6 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 7 Discounted Rental Car?
- 8 NJ to Florida drive
- 9 Boston College Visit with older teen. Highlights to see and do.
- 10 Hotel near The Rainbow Room/Rockefeller Center
- 11 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 12 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 13 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 14 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 15 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 16 Is the Clear Springs, MS recreation area closed?
- 17 Help with first time
- 18 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 19 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 20 Inexpensive family getaways
- 21 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 22 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 23 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 24 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 25 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?