My friend and I (females) are both turning 50 this year, and considering going to Montana in April, probably for like 5 days. We would like to climb a mountain (a small one!), eat great food and drink fine wine, hear good music, see some animals, pehaps saddle up. Montana has silly significance for us. One sunset along the St. Charles river behind the Jackson Hole brewery in New Orleans - a long time ago - we went turn for turn naming the states. Well - we forgot to name Montana, and said that one day we would have to go there. I said it was silly. Anyway, we are both coming from the East coast - me from NY, she from DC. We are easily bored, and need to have options wherever we go. We really know nothing about Montana, so don't have an idea of where to go or what to do - Billings, Boseman, Butte - no clue. Any and all comments, ideas, suggestions and suggested itinerarys would be most welcome. Thank you so much in advance for your help and kind responses!! Please also let us know if April may not be a good time to go there at all. Thanks again!
Turning 50 in Montana
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 6 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 7 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 8 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 11 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 14 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 15 Richmond highlights?
- 16 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 17 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 20 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 21 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 22 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 23 Washington DC in Spring?
- 24 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 25 montana vs ft nelson bc area