My friend and I (females) are both turning 50 this year, and considering going to Montana in April, probably for like 5 days. We would like to climb a mountain (a small one!), eat great food and drink fine wine, hear good music, see some animals, pehaps saddle up. Montana has silly significance for us. One sunset along the St. Charles river behind the Jackson Hole brewery in New Orleans - a long time ago - we went turn for turn naming the states. Well - we forgot to name Montana, and said that one day we would have to go there. I said it was silly. Anyway, we are both coming from the East coast - me from NY, she from DC. We are easily bored, and need to have options wherever we go. We really know nothing about Montana, so don't have an idea of where to go or what to do - Billings, Boseman, Butte - no clue. Any and all comments, ideas, suggestions and suggested itinerarys would be most welcome. Thank you so much in advance for your help and kind responses!! Please also let us know if April may not be a good time to go there at all. Thanks again!
Turning 50 in Montana
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 2 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 3 Seattle Hyatts
- 4 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 relocating travel
- 9 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 10 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 11 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 12 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 13 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 14 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 15 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 16 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 17 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 18 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 19 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 20 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 21 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 22 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 23 ONP help
- 24 NYC Clubs for live music
- 25 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area