My friend and I (females) are both turning 50 this year, and considering going to Montana in April, probably for like 5 days. We would like to climb a mountain (a small one!), eat great food and drink fine wine, hear good music, see some animals, pehaps saddle up. Montana has silly significance for us. One sunset along the St. Charles river behind the Jackson Hole brewery in New Orleans - a long time ago - we went turn for turn naming the states. Well - we forgot to name Montana, and said that one day we would have to go there. I said it was silly. Anyway, we are both coming from the East coast - me from NY, she from DC. We are easily bored, and need to have options wherever we go. We really know nothing about Montana, so don't have an idea of where to go or what to do - Billings, Boseman, Butte - no clue. Any and all comments, ideas, suggestions and suggested itinerarys would be most welcome. Thank you so much in advance for your help and kind responses!! Please also let us know if April may not be a good time to go there at all. Thanks again!
Turning 50 in Montana
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Door County Suggestions
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 10 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.