We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Trip to Niagara Falls
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 3 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 4 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 5 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 6 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 7 Big island itinerary
- 8 Thousand Islands
- 9 Best Destination in USA
- 10 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 11 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 12 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 13 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 14 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 15 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 16 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 18 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 19 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 20 New York City and New England
- 21 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 22 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 25 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted