We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 Hawaii Help
- 4 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 5 Florida keys trip
- 6 HAWAII; HELP!
- 7 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 8 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 9 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 10 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 11 Coffee in Boston?
- 12 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 13 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 14 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 15 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 16 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 17 Change planes in Atlanta
- 18 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 19 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 20 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 23 Florida beach vacation
- 24 Trip to USA in July
- 25 Beaches in Incline Village