We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Intimate Destination Wedding location help
- 2 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 3 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 4 Hawaii
- 5 Moving to a new state
- 6 Moving soon (blindly!) and would love suggestions
- 7 Driving to Minnesota from Jacksonville fl help
- 8 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Toying with Maine/Vermont road trip
- 10 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 11 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 12 How many states have you been to?
- 13 Kauai planning help
- 14 travel to Oahu (waikiki)
- 15 Day trip to the North Shore Kauai
- 16 Fine dining in South shore area of Kauai
- 17 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 18 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 19 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 20 USA, Trip to the south
- 21 Ferry info
- 22 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 23 How many days in Death Valley and Sequoia?
- 24 6 full days in Colorado Itinerary Ideas
- 25 Boston to Bar Harbor or Bangor to Bar Harbor