We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 2 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 3 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 4 Trip Starting from New York
- 5 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 6 New England Canada Road Trip
- 7 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 8 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 9 A day in Boston
- 10 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 11 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 12 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 13 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 14 Newport , RI
- 15 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 16 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 17 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 18 Nilichik Ak.
- 19 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 20 Las vegas +21
- 21 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 22 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 23 Steamboat in August
- 24 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 25 Depot Bay OR