We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to spend a weekend in Idyllwild, CA?
- 2 arizona rte 66
- 3 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 4 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 5 usa roadtrip
- 6 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 7 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 8 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 9 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 10 Where to live in the North East
- 11 Hawaii and...where?
- 12 Short Oregon Trip
- 13 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 14 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 15 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 16 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 17 Another Great DC Trip
- 18 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 19 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 20 Black History Museum
- 21 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 22 Chicago 2017
- 23 How much time in Badlands?
- 24 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 25 Where to stay in Little Rock AR