We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 2 March in New Mexico
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 5 Driving Alaska
- 6 Border crossing
- 7 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 8 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 9 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 10 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 11 Back from the Big Easy
- 12 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 13 Cross country tips
- 14 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 15 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 16 Ideas for New York
- 17 Parka in PA during February?
- 18 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 19 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 20 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 21 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 22 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 23 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 24 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 25 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?