We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 2 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 3 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 4 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 5 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 6 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 florida gulf coast
- 9 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 10 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 11 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 12 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 13 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 14 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 15 Family Trip advice please?!
- 16 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 17 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 18 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 19 Road trip advice needed please
- 20 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 21 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 22 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 23 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 24 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 25 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!