We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii with older parents
- 2 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 5 Fort Myers Area
- 6 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 7 Opinions: key west accommodation
- 8 Fall in Ozarks
- 9 Uber availability on Long Island
- 10 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 11 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 12 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 13 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 14 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 15 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 16 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 17 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 18 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 19 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 20 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 21 California/Yosemite
- 22 Road trip from MS to Bandera, TX
- 23 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 24 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 25 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017