We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 2 Napa valley getaway
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 5 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 6 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 7 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 8 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 9 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 10 Desert Southwest
- 11 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 12 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 13 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 14 Boston waterfront Italian
- 15 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Zion and Bryce in July
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 21 First time, Best business class?
- 22 What to pack
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 summer vacation
- 25 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis