We are two energetic senior couples travelling from UK on 10th Sept until 8 Oct. We are flying in and out of JFK. For the past 20 plus years we have visited the USA but never been to the North Eastern states, our plan is to visit New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. We intend to take a property through a vacation rentals company as a base in the three states. We enjoy hiking/walking, wild life viewing and non-touristy areas. We will collect a hire car at JFK, can anyone help with the easiest route to take and which area to visit first. We thought about a couple of days in Boston but the hotels seem to be very expensive so we might give that a miss. Thanks for your help.
Trip to New England from UK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 5 St. Simon, Georgia
- 6 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 7 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 8 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Christmas in TX
- 11 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 12 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 13 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 14 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 15 Ben Landa
- 16 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 17 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 18 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 19 Tucson area flooding
- 20 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 21 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 23 California
- 24 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 25 San Diego locals-can you advise?