We are two energetic senior couples travelling from UK on 10th Sept until 8 Oct. We are flying in and out of JFK. For the past 20 plus years we have visited the USA but never been to the North Eastern states, our plan is to visit New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. We intend to take a property through a vacation rentals company as a base in the three states. We enjoy hiking/walking, wild life viewing and non-touristy areas. We will collect a hire car at JFK, can anyone help with the easiest route to take and which area to visit first. We thought about a couple of days in Boston but the hotels seem to be very expensive so we might give that a miss. Thanks for your help.
Trip to New England from UK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 4 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 5 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 6 One Night at Logan Airport
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 Circle Oahu / luau
- 9 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 12 Backpacking in April
- 13 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 17 Four days in DC
- 18 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 19 3 nights in Nashville
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Please help with itinerary
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?