We are two energetic senior couples travelling from UK on 10th Sept until 8 Oct. We are flying in and out of JFK. For the past 20 plus years we have visited the USA but never been to the North Eastern states, our plan is to visit New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. We intend to take a property through a vacation rentals company as a base in the three states. We enjoy hiking/walking, wild life viewing and non-touristy areas. We will collect a hire car at JFK, can anyone help with the easiest route to take and which area to visit first. We thought about a couple of days in Boston but the hotels seem to be very expensive so we might give that a miss. Thanks for your help.
Trip to New England from UK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas