We are two energetic senior couples travelling from UK on 10th Sept until 8 Oct. We are flying in and out of JFK. For the past 20 plus years we have visited the USA but never been to the North Eastern states, our plan is to visit New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. We intend to take a property through a vacation rentals company as a base in the three states. We enjoy hiking/walking, wild life viewing and non-touristy areas. We will collect a hire car at JFK, can anyone help with the easiest route to take and which area to visit first. We thought about a couple of days in Boston but the hotels seem to be very expensive so we might give that a miss. Thanks for your help.
Trip to New England from UK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 ONP help
- 8 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 11 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 16 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 17 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 18 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 19 Seattle Hyatts
- 20 Seattle: Something Different?
- 21 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 22 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr