My husband and I just booked our flight into the Oakland airport for next September. He has never been to San Francisco and really wants to drive the coastline south in a convertible. We fly in on Saturday, Sept. 27th and fly out of the same airport on Tuesday, Oct. 7th. Now the fun begins as we decide on our itinerary and figure out how to see everything we want to see without feeling too rushed. We're not sure if we should drive the coast down to San Diego and then plan on dropping the rental car there and get a one-way flight back to Oakland or if we should just plan to drive not so far down the coast and then drive it back up at the end of our trip. We have both been to San Diego, so it is not necessary that we go all the way down there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best utilize our 9 full days between San Francisco and driving down the coast? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are just starting our planning process so we don't have any accommodations or anything else booked besides the flight.
Trip to Cal to drive the coast starting in San Francisco in Sept for 9 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 2 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 3 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 4 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 5 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 6 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 7 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 8 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 9 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 10 Mesa Verde
- 11 Seattle Hyatts
- 12 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 13 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 14 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 17 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 18 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 19 San Diego - wher to stay
- 20 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 21 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 22 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 23 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 24 Berkshires in late October
- 25 2 day in Adirondack park