My husband and I just booked our flight into the Oakland airport for next September. He has never been to San Francisco and really wants to drive the coastline south in a convertible. We fly in on Saturday, Sept. 27th and fly out of the same airport on Tuesday, Oct. 7th. Now the fun begins as we decide on our itinerary and figure out how to see everything we want to see without feeling too rushed. We're not sure if we should drive the coast down to San Diego and then plan on dropping the rental car there and get a one-way flight back to Oakland or if we should just plan to drive not so far down the coast and then drive it back up at the end of our trip. We have both been to San Diego, so it is not necessary that we go all the way down there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best utilize our 9 full days between San Francisco and driving down the coast? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are just starting our planning process so we don't have any accommodations or anything else booked besides the flight.
Trip to Cal to drive the coast starting in San Francisco in Sept for 9 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 A day in Dallas
- 11 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 12 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 13 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 14 Door County Suggestions
- 15 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 16 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 17 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 25 San Diego parks and attractions