Friday, a friend and I drove up to Asheville . We stayed at the Haywood Park Hotel (www.haywoodpark.com). I love this place. The location is perfect for walking around downtown Asheville. They offer free parking for guests. The rooms are very large and well appointed. The bathrooms are huge. Our only problem was noise from the sidewalk cafes and motorcycles; but, that let up around midnight. We had dinner at Tupelo Honey which was mobbed. We had to wait about forty minutes for a table as we had not reserved, but service was lightening fast and once seated we were eating and drinking within minutes. The grit cake appetizer was very good. I had an excellent vegetable plate with very good freshly baked biscuits. Sadly I just had no room for dessert. We stopped off at the Chocolate Fetish and bought an excellent assortment for husbands who had been left at home. A worthy gift, I think. We had breakfast from the hotel room service and it was fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal and a bagel for $8. We hit several stores (thank you, Litespeed Chick) and the Farmers Market before heading East. We had lunch at Veranda in Black Mountain. I highly recommend it. The soups are excellent, the sandwiches as well and the desserts are completely off the charts wonderful.
Trip report-Short visit to Asheville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 7 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 8 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 9 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 10 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 11 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?