Friday, a friend and I drove up to Asheville . We stayed at the Haywood Park Hotel (www.haywoodpark.com). I love this place. The location is perfect for walking around downtown Asheville. They offer free parking for guests. The rooms are very large and well appointed. The bathrooms are huge. Our only problem was noise from the sidewalk cafes and motorcycles; but, that let up around midnight. We had dinner at Tupelo Honey which was mobbed. We had to wait about forty minutes for a table as we had not reserved, but service was lightening fast and once seated we were eating and drinking within minutes. The grit cake appetizer was very good. I had an excellent vegetable plate with very good freshly baked biscuits. Sadly I just had no room for dessert. We stopped off at the Chocolate Fetish and bought an excellent assortment for husbands who had been left at home. A worthy gift, I think. We had breakfast from the hotel room service and it was fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal and a bagel for $8. We hit several stores (thank you, Litespeed Chick) and the Farmers Market before heading East. We had lunch at Veranda in Black Mountain. I highly recommend it. The soups are excellent, the sandwiches as well and the desserts are completely off the charts wonderful.
Trip report-Short visit to Asheville
View all United States activity »
- 1 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 2 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Question about Boulder area
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 7 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 8 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 9 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 10 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 11 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?