Friday, a friend and I drove up to Asheville . We stayed at the Haywood Park Hotel (www.haywoodpark.com). I love this place. The location is perfect for walking around downtown Asheville. They offer free parking for guests. The rooms are very large and well appointed. The bathrooms are huge. Our only problem was noise from the sidewalk cafes and motorcycles; but, that let up around midnight. We had dinner at Tupelo Honey which was mobbed. We had to wait about forty minutes for a table as we had not reserved, but service was lightening fast and once seated we were eating and drinking within minutes. The grit cake appetizer was very good. I had an excellent vegetable plate with very good freshly baked biscuits. Sadly I just had no room for dessert. We stopped off at the Chocolate Fetish and bought an excellent assortment for husbands who had been left at home. A worthy gift, I think. We had breakfast from the hotel room service and it was fruit, juice, yogurt, cereal and a bagel for $8. We hit several stores (thank you, Litespeed Chick) and the Farmers Market before heading East. We had lunch at Veranda in Black Mountain. I highly recommend it. The soups are excellent, the sandwiches as well and the desserts are completely off the charts wonderful.
Trip report-Short visit to Asheville
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Destination in USA
- 2 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 7 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 8 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 9 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 10 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 13 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 14 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 15 New York City and New England
- 16 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 17 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 18 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 20 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 21 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 22 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 23 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?