Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 2 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 3 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 4 Northwest Car Trip
- 5 HELP DESK LINE Yahoo MAIL techn** support TOLL FREE no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 6 HELPLINE*Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 7 Error Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 8 ANY ISSUSE CONTACT TOLL FREE NO☛☎18005406830 ☛☎ TECH SUPPORT
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 11 Northwest Passage
- 12 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 13 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 14 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 17 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 18 Sonoma
- 19 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 20 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 21 Alaska cruise
- 22 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 23 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 24 101 closure
- 25 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!