Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight parking in San Francisco
- 2 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 3 Grand Canyon to LA
- 4 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 5 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 6 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 7 Where to stay in NYC
- 8 Death Valley
- 9 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 10 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 11 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 12 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 13 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 14 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 15 Nashville 2016
- 16 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 17 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 18 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 19 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 20 Colorado - Photography
- 21 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 22 Oregon or Arizona for October 12 long weekend?
- 23 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 24 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 25 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!