Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/kamasutra-male-enhancement/
- 2 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 3 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 4 Boston to Naples florida
- 5 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 8 Hotel in Reno
- 9 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 10 Trinity Site, NM
- 11 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 12 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 13 North Carolina airports
- 14 best health clubs with lap pools
- 15 10 days vacation in California
- 16 Santa Fe Itineray
- 17 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 18 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 19 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 20 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 21 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 22 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 23 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 24 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 25 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!