Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 5 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 6 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 7 Florida St George's Island
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Washington DC in Spring?
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 17 Weekend in NYC
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 19 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 20 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 21 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 22 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 25 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC