Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 4 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 5 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 6 One Night at Logan Airport
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 Circle Oahu / luau
- 9 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 12 Backpacking in April
- 13 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 17 Four days in DC
- 18 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 19 3 nights in Nashville
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Please help with itinerary
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?