Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BROTHER Installation Contact ☎ 1:800:681:7208 BROTHER PRINTER Tec*h Supp0rt
- 2 Black History Museum
- 3 Chicago 2017
- 4 Another Great DC Trip
- 5 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 6 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 7 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 8 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 9 How much time in Badlands?
- 10 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 13 DC Restaurants
- 14 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 15 Short Oregon Trip
- 16 usa roadtrip
- 17 Hawaii and...where?
- 18 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 19 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 20 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 21 Christmas in Colorado
- 22 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 23 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 24 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 25 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!