Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Steamboat in August
- 2 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 3 Depot Bay OR
- 4 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
- 5 Tour guide in Bend, OR, for Lava Caves?
- 6 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 7 Sim Card and Carrier Plan for Data in US and Canada for tourist
- 8 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 9 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 10 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 11 Drive from San Fran to Portland or Seattle in winter
- 12 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 13 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 14 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 15 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 16 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 17 Las vegas +21
- 18 Phone SIM
- 19 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 20 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 21 A June trip to Kauai
- 22 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 23 Napa Valley Hotel
- 24 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 25 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!