Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!
- 1 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 2 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 3 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 4 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 5 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 6 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 7 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 8 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Savanah Sojourn
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 13 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 14 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 15 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 18 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 19 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 22 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 23 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 24 Madison Square Garden
- 25 hawaii for 10 weeks