Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 4 Places to stay in Skagway
- 5 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 6 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 7 US Trip
- 8 flagstaff
- 9 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 10 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 11 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 12 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 13 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 14 Maui - luau question
- 15 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 16 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 17 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 18 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 19 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 20 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 21 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 22 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Bryce and Zion planning
- 25 Country Walkers
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!