Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 2 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 3 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 4 Driving from California to Denver
- 5 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 6 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 7 Deep Sea Fishing for children
- 8 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 9 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 10 kauai
- 11 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 12 Hawaii Cruise
- 13 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 14 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 15 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 16 First time to Alaska
- 17 Hawaii - where?
- 18 BBQ
- 19 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 20 Anaheim - no car
- 21 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 22 Pacific Northwest
- 23 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 24 Things to do in NYC
- 25 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!