Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL +1~8oo~5o9~5!4o TeCh supP0Rt nUmbEr
- 2 Kech YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPP0RT CARE
- 3 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 4 New Itinerary
- 5 Help with Northwest Trip
- 6 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 9 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 10 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 11 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 12 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 13 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 road trip
- 15 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 16 Gmail phishing attack is Become tricky
- 17 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 18 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 19 Orlando area weather in June
- 20 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 21 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 22 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 23 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 24 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 25 Myrtle beach
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!