Just returned from a fabulous week in New Mexico. Thanks to all the Fodorites for your (yet again) excellent advice. Thank you to the people of New Mexico for your friendly welcome to your wonderful state - New Mexico IS the Land of Enchantment!!
We landed in ABQ, grabbed our car from Hertz and headed direct to Santa Fe. Really wanted to get into town so we took I-25 in for the fastest arrival at the Inn of the Governors. Registered and headed up to Room 215. This was a standard room and we really enjoyed our stay there. Nice room, excellent breakfast, pretty little pool area, tea and sherry and cookies in the afternoon and friendly staff. Tired, but headed off to the Plaza for a coupla of house Margarita's at Ore House overlooking the plaza. Great happy hour prices and strong/delicious rita's.
Trying to get our bearings wanted to stay around the plaza for dinner so walked over to the Shed. Crazy 2 hour wait, but guess what. We were tired, not feeling adventurous so we waited. Well, we enjoyed music in the courtyard, a beautiful early evening breeze and before we knew it were seated for food. Went back to the hotel room, happy to be in Santa Fe and collapsed into bed. A nice start to the vacation....
Day 2: Awoke early because we are from CT and are now on Mountain Time. Rolled with that and enjoyed breakfast and headed out early to Tent Rocks. WOW! con't....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 2 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 3 Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 5 Southern history- walkable cities
- 6 Red Rocks Amphitheater places to stay
- 7 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 8 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 9 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 10 Reagan Library
- 11 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 12 US Open Tennis
- 13 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 14 Hawaii with limited time
- 15 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 16 Your favourite places in New York City
- 17 Steamboat in August
- 18 Hotels in San Diego
- 19 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 20 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 21 Cape cod Labor Day
- 22 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 23 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 24 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 25 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
Trip Report: Santa Fe, Taos, Hopper & more!