Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 2 Am I a good girl? What even is a good girl?
- 3 Am I a good girl? What even is a good girl?
- 4 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 5 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 6 Christmas in Colorado
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Hawaii and...where?
- 9 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 10 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 11 usa roadtrip
- 12 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 13 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 14 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 15 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 16 Marfa/Big Bend
- 17 DC Restaurants
- 18 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 19 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 20 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 21 JFK to Washington
- 22 Phoenix for the weekend
- 23 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 24 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 25 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains