Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 2 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 3 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 4 Chicago Questions
- 5 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 8 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 9 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 10 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 11 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 12 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 13 Is the New York subway safe?
- 14 Chicago eateries downtown
- 15 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 16 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 17 Where to from Tampa?
- 18 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 19 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 21 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 22 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 23 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.