Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 2 Sonoma to Glacier NP via Craters Lake and Olympic National Park
- 3 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 4 Weekend Getaway to Philly - 2nd week of JULY!
- 5 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 6 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 7 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 8 Seattle Hotels
- 9 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 10 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 Providence question
- 12 Cayo Costa State Park
- 13 Buying alcohol in New York & I.D.
- 14 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 15 HELP with ITINERARY for trip to Carmell/Central Coast with kids
- 16 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 17 Yosemite Visit
- 18 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 19 2 months in Hawaii!
- 20 Lake George
- 21 Nevada,utah, arizona trip report part one
- 22 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 23 Utah, arizona part three
- 24 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 25 Daytona Beach Hotel Help
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains