Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking fine
- 2 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 3 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 4 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 5 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 6 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
- 7 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 8 Vegas/California May 2016
- 9 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 10 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 11 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 12 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 13 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 14 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 15 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 16 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 17 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 18 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 19 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 20 My Maine Trip Report
- 21 Berkshires with a toddler
- 22 hilicopter tour oahu
- 23 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 24 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 25 Afternoon in Philadelphia
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains