Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Hamilton Broadway
- 3 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 4 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 5 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 6 Florida Beach Hotel
- 7 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 8 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 9 Washington DC with kids
- 10 My road trip through southern US.
- 11 Late night eating in Kauai
- 12 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 13 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 14 Florida Nature Trip
- 15 help from a true New Yorker.
- 16 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 17 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 18 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 19 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 20 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 21 Safety Concerns
- 22 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 23 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 24 Alaska independent tour for group
- 25 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains