Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 2 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 3 Driving northern AL to central FL
- 4 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 5 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 6 Nashville restaurants
- 7 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 8 MO road trip itinerary
- 9 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 10 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 11 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 12 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 13 Birthday vacation ideas
- 14 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 15 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 16 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 17 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 18 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 19 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 20 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 21 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 22 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 23 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 24 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 25 Around New Orleans
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains