Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 2 Hana hotels in August
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Berkshires
- 5 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 6 Hana question
- 7 Sea world San Diego
- 8 Hawaii is still Hell
- 9 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 10 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 11 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 12 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 13 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 14 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 15 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 16 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 17 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 18 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Clearwater visit.
- 21 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 22 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 23 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 24 Spring Break in Charleston
- 25 Charleston Airport Hotel