Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 2 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 3 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 4 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 5 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 6 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 7 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 8 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 9 Biloxi Suggestions
- 10 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 11 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 12 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 13 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 14 Martha's Vineyard area
- 15 Maui: 2014 Christmas week
- 16 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 17 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 18 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 19 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 20 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 22 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 23 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 24 Western U.S. Road trip
- 25 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains