Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 4 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 5 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 6 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 7 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 8 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 11 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 12 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 13 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 14 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 15 Breckenridge in October
- 16 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 17 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 18 Richmond highlights?
- 19 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 20 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 21 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 24 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 25 Washington DC in Spring?