Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. The trip went well and there were many surprises along the way.. I have attached the summary of important points below.
I will also be attaching the summary in a form of a blog entry by adding a reply below.
Road Trip Summary
1. No. of days = 12 (Dec 20th 2013 – Jan 1st 2014)
2. Total Miles driven = 6257
3. Maximum Drive in a day: 829 miles (Oklahoma City to Page, AZ)
4. Total Spent on Gas: $ 600
5. States Covered: CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK
6. Carlsbad Caverns: Must go to place
7. San Antonio: Most liveliest Texan Downtown
8. New Orleans: Very French
9. Smoky Mountains: Excellent hikes
10. Nashville: Excellent country feel
11. Kanab: Go-to city for many stunning National Parks
12. Southern UT/Northern AZ: IMHO, best place in US in all my travels.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Financial Offer/Business Funding Available Through Bank Instruments
- 2 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 3 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 4 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 5 Summer trip
- 6 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 7 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 8 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 10 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 11 How many states have you been to?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 14 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 15 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 16 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 17 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 18 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 19 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 20 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 21 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 22 Florida keys trip
- 23 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 24 Route Planning for East USA
- 25 Italian Food, Palm Desert
Trip Report: Road trip from San Diego to Smoky Mountains