DH and I spent a couple of days in Mysic earlier this month. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and were quite pleased. The hotel was near the highway off ramp but it was not noisy in the room, it had a very nice continental breakfast, and the room was quite large. I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, too. I booked thru the hotel's website and when I found a cheaper rate on Expedia, the hotel honored its Internet guarantee and gave me the room for 10% off Expedia's quote. All in all, an excellent deal. We had some nice meals at local restaurants, but the high point was probably Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream. Oh my. It certainly wasn't cheap- the store had posted photocopies of articles talking about the increase in dairy prices this year- but the ice cream was top notch. We visited the beaches in Rhode Island, which was just a hop down the highway. Interesting sidenote: CT highway exit numbers are not tied to mileage traveled. We thought Exit 92 would be two miles form Exit 94- guess what, it was eight miles. Anyway, the Watch Hill/Westerly area of RI was neat and I could see going back and basing my vacation there. We skipped the aquarium (we've been to Baltimore's and Monterey's) but I dragged poor DH to the Seaport. He's not a history buff like me but he enjoyed the tall ships. By mid-morning the place was overrun by school tours and we made our escape. Luckily the seaport allows re-entry, so I returned on my own around 3 pm. The school children had left and I got to explore the little stores and exhibits that had been previously crowded. We had phenomenal weather (sunny, high 70s, no humidity) which made the whole experience just that much more pleasurable.
Trip Report: Mystic, CT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 bachelors degree
- 2 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 3 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 4 Getting to Key West
- 5 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 6 New Orleans Motel Question
- 7 Broadway Banter - Winter 2010 - 11
- 8 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 9 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 10 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 11 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 12 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 13 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 14 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 15 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 16 West Maui Restaurants
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 19 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 20 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 21 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 22 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 23 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 24 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 25 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach