DH and I spent a couple of days in Mysic earlier this month. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and were quite pleased. The hotel was near the highway off ramp but it was not noisy in the room, it had a very nice continental breakfast, and the room was quite large. I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, too. I booked thru the hotel's website and when I found a cheaper rate on Expedia, the hotel honored its Internet guarantee and gave me the room for 10% off Expedia's quote. All in all, an excellent deal. We had some nice meals at local restaurants, but the high point was probably Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream. Oh my. It certainly wasn't cheap- the store had posted photocopies of articles talking about the increase in dairy prices this year- but the ice cream was top notch. We visited the beaches in Rhode Island, which was just a hop down the highway. Interesting sidenote: CT highway exit numbers are not tied to mileage traveled. We thought Exit 92 would be two miles form Exit 94- guess what, it was eight miles. Anyway, the Watch Hill/Westerly area of RI was neat and I could see going back and basing my vacation there. We skipped the aquarium (we've been to Baltimore's and Monterey's) but I dragged poor DH to the Seaport. He's not a history buff like me but he enjoyed the tall ships. By mid-morning the place was overrun by school tours and we made our escape. Luckily the seaport allows re-entry, so I returned on my own around 3 pm. The school children had left and I got to explore the little stores and exhibits that had been previously crowded. We had phenomenal weather (sunny, high 70s, no humidity) which made the whole experience just that much more pleasurable.
Trip Report: Mystic, CT
- 1 Minnesota State Fair
- 2 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 3 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 4 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 5 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 6 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 7 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 8 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 9 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 10 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 11 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 12 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 13 Trying To Find a Place
- 14 Logan Express
- 15 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 16 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 17 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 18 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 19 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 22 Columbus food !
- 23 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 24 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 25 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?