DH and I spent a couple of days in Mysic earlier this month. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and were quite pleased. The hotel was near the highway off ramp but it was not noisy in the room, it had a very nice continental breakfast, and the room was quite large. I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, too. I booked thru the hotel's website and when I found a cheaper rate on Expedia, the hotel honored its Internet guarantee and gave me the room for 10% off Expedia's quote. All in all, an excellent deal. We had some nice meals at local restaurants, but the high point was probably Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream. Oh my. It certainly wasn't cheap- the store had posted photocopies of articles talking about the increase in dairy prices this year- but the ice cream was top notch. We visited the beaches in Rhode Island, which was just a hop down the highway. Interesting sidenote: CT highway exit numbers are not tied to mileage traveled. We thought Exit 92 would be two miles form Exit 94- guess what, it was eight miles. Anyway, the Watch Hill/Westerly area of RI was neat and I could see going back and basing my vacation there. We skipped the aquarium (we've been to Baltimore's and Monterey's) but I dragged poor DH to the Seaport. He's not a history buff like me but he enjoyed the tall ships. By mid-morning the place was overrun by school tours and we made our escape. Luckily the seaport allows re-entry, so I returned on my own around 3 pm. The school children had left and I got to explore the little stores and exhibits that had been previously crowded. We had phenomenal weather (sunny, high 70s, no humidity) which made the whole experience just that much more pleasurable.
Trip Report: Mystic, CT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 2 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 5 Road trip itinerary
- 6 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 12 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 13 Vegas hotels for families
- 14 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 15 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 16 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 17 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 18 denver to badlands
- 19 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 22 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 23 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona