DH and I spent a couple of days in Mysic earlier this month. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and were quite pleased. The hotel was near the highway off ramp but it was not noisy in the room, it had a very nice continental breakfast, and the room was quite large. I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, too. I booked thru the hotel's website and when I found a cheaper rate on Expedia, the hotel honored its Internet guarantee and gave me the room for 10% off Expedia's quote. All in all, an excellent deal. We had some nice meals at local restaurants, but the high point was probably Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream. Oh my. It certainly wasn't cheap- the store had posted photocopies of articles talking about the increase in dairy prices this year- but the ice cream was top notch. We visited the beaches in Rhode Island, which was just a hop down the highway. Interesting sidenote: CT highway exit numbers are not tied to mileage traveled. We thought Exit 92 would be two miles form Exit 94- guess what, it was eight miles. Anyway, the Watch Hill/Westerly area of RI was neat and I could see going back and basing my vacation there. We skipped the aquarium (we've been to Baltimore's and Monterey's) but I dragged poor DH to the Seaport. He's not a history buff like me but he enjoyed the tall ships. By mid-morning the place was overrun by school tours and we made our escape. Luckily the seaport allows re-entry, so I returned on my own around 3 pm. The school children had left and I got to explore the little stores and exhibits that had been previously crowded. We had phenomenal weather (sunny, high 70s, no humidity) which made the whole experience just that much more pleasurable.
Trip Report: Mystic, CT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 2 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 3 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 5 WISCONSIN
- 6 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 7 rain in Kauai
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Washington, DC to Boston
- 10 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 11 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 12 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 13 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 17 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 18 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 19 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 20 San Diego Trip Report
- 21 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 5 week in US/Mexico
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 Easter lunch/brunch suggestions for Panama City Beach