DH and I spent a couple of days in Mysic earlier this month. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and were quite pleased. The hotel was near the highway off ramp but it was not noisy in the room, it had a very nice continental breakfast, and the room was quite large. I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, too. I booked thru the hotel's website and when I found a cheaper rate on Expedia, the hotel honored its Internet guarantee and gave me the room for 10% off Expedia's quote. All in all, an excellent deal. We had some nice meals at local restaurants, but the high point was probably Mystic Drawbridge Ice Cream. Oh my. It certainly wasn't cheap- the store had posted photocopies of articles talking about the increase in dairy prices this year- but the ice cream was top notch. We visited the beaches in Rhode Island, which was just a hop down the highway. Interesting sidenote: CT highway exit numbers are not tied to mileage traveled. We thought Exit 92 would be two miles form Exit 94- guess what, it was eight miles. Anyway, the Watch Hill/Westerly area of RI was neat and I could see going back and basing my vacation there. We skipped the aquarium (we've been to Baltimore's and Monterey's) but I dragged poor DH to the Seaport. He's not a history buff like me but he enjoyed the tall ships. By mid-morning the place was overrun by school tours and we made our escape. Luckily the seaport allows re-entry, so I returned on my own around 3 pm. The school children had left and I got to explore the little stores and exhibits that had been previously crowded. We had phenomenal weather (sunny, high 70s, no humidity) which made the whole experience just that much more pleasurable.
Trip Report: Mystic, CT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 2 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 3 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 4 charlotte
- 5 American Honeymoon in March
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 Boston in winter?
- 8 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 9 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 10 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 11 New York City in April
- 12 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 13 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 14 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 15 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 16 san fran sightseeing
- 17 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 18 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 19 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 20 Baytown, Texas
- 21 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 22 Moving from VA to CT
- 23 New Orleans pictures
- 24 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 25 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)