I recently just went Alaska with a tight budget and would like to share with you how i only spend less than $45USD(inclusive of meals) in Ketchikan and still have a fun time.
We took the blue bus from the annabelle/opp of annabelle(either is fine) to TOTEM BIGHT STATE PARK (TBSP). Make sure you know the bus interval. If i'm not wrong, it's every 30mins/1hour. The day pass is available for purchase onboard the bus for just $2. My advice is to purchase the day pass since one way already costs you $1. TBSP has NO entrance fee. Maps and description of each totem can be attained at the ranger office near the bus stop.
You can also visit POTLATCH TOTEM PARK which is just beside TBSP(less than 5mins walk).
We had lunch at ANNABELLE's FAMOUS KEG AND CHOWDER HOUSE. It was pretty good. Feel free to visit my blog for more pictures and recommendations. (about $25USD/pax)
Explored downtown Ketchikan. Took photos with the board that says Ketchikan- 'Salmon Capital of the World' and Alaska's First City. Shop at Tongass Trading Company where many of you raved about their $19.90 fleece jacket.
Tip: Before shopping, please proceed to the Ketchikan Visitor Centre to obtain a visitor guide/coupon book. It will help you save more and maybe get a free gift or two.
Strolled along CREEK STREET. Nice place to take lots of photos. Dolly's house looks small and touristy. Due to that, we did not go in.
If you have the visitor guide, you could also do a walking tour around Ketchikan where you may get to see salmons if you are visiting at the right season.
We ended the trip with a visit to ALASKAN FISH HOUSE. This is a MUST TRY!!! Awesome burgers and sandwiches for reasonable price. I love love it. ($10-15/pax)
For more pictures, please feel free to visit:
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 2 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 Maui - luau question
- 5 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 6 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 7 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 8 오션신천지 ● 연결 :【 ' m k 2 8 9. 컴 ' 】
- 9 일본경마 ※☏접_속: sst39.컴 ※
- 10 무료야마토 ≪접속주소 :【 " m k 2 8 9.com " 】신천지여신
- 11 릴게임신천지 ※연결 :【 ' m k 2 8 9. 컴 ' 】
- 12 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
- 13 필리핀환율 (＝。＝)연결 : 【_m k 2 8 9.com_】▼바다이야기 고래
- 14 금요경마 ◐♧주_소= sst39.컴 ▣
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 17 카지노온라인 囍연결 : 【_m k 2 8 9.com_】囍신천지 릴 게임
- 18 오션릴게임 ● 연결 :【 " m k 2 8 9.com " 】온라인릴게임
- 19 황금성게임 ▣ 홈피:【 ' m k 2 8 9 컴 ' 】
- 20 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 21 스포스조이 ☞☆접 속 st39.컴 ♧
- 22 오션신천지 ▶ 도메인 :【 " m k 2 8 9.com " 】바다이야기무료머니
- 23 온라인릴게임 ◐ 도메인 :【 ' m k 2 8 9 컴 ' 】
- 24 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 25 릴게임신천지 ▼ 접속 :【 " m k 2 8 9.com " 】고전게임손오공
Trip Report 'Budget Ketchikan' - Cruise Passengers