I recently just went Alaska with a tight budget and would like to share with you how i only spend less than $45USD(inclusive of meals) in Ketchikan and still have a fun time.
We took the blue bus from the annabelle/opp of annabelle(either is fine) to TOTEM BIGHT STATE PARK (TBSP). Make sure you know the bus interval. If i'm not wrong, it's every 30mins/1hour. The day pass is available for purchase onboard the bus for just $2. My advice is to purchase the day pass since one way already costs you $1. TBSP has NO entrance fee. Maps and description of each totem can be attained at the ranger office near the bus stop.
You can also visit POTLATCH TOTEM PARK which is just beside TBSP(less than 5mins walk).
We had lunch at ANNABELLE's FAMOUS KEG AND CHOWDER HOUSE. It was pretty good. Feel free to visit my blog for more pictures and recommendations. (about $25USD/pax)
Explored downtown Ketchikan. Took photos with the board that says Ketchikan- 'Salmon Capital of the World' and Alaska's First City. Shop at Tongass Trading Company where many of you raved about their $19.90 fleece jacket.
Tip: Before shopping, please proceed to the Ketchikan Visitor Centre to obtain a visitor guide/coupon book. It will help you save more and maybe get a free gift or two.
Strolled along CREEK STREET. Nice place to take lots of photos. Dolly's house looks small and touristy. Due to that, we did not go in.
If you have the visitor guide, you could also do a walking tour around Ketchikan where you may get to see salmons if you are visiting at the right season.
We ended the trip with a visit to ALASKAN FISH HOUSE. This is a MUST TRY!!! Awesome burgers and sandwiches for reasonable price. I love love it. ($10-15/pax)
For more pictures, please feel free to visit:
Hope this helps.
Trip Report 'Budget Ketchikan' - Cruise Passengers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 2 Is the New York subway safe?
- 3 Round trip from Chicago
- 4 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 5 Where to stay for one night between Cleveland and Toledo?
- 6 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 7 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 8 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 9 Where to from Tampa?
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 11 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 14 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 15 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 16 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 17 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 18 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 21 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 22 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 23 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 24 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 25 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November