I recently just went Alaska with a tight budget and would like to share with you how i only spend less than $45USD(inclusive of meals) in Ketchikan and still have a fun time.
We took the blue bus from the annabelle/opp of annabelle(either is fine) to TOTEM BIGHT STATE PARK (TBSP). Make sure you know the bus interval. If i'm not wrong, it's every 30mins/1hour. The day pass is available for purchase onboard the bus for just $2. My advice is to purchase the day pass since one way already costs you $1. TBSP has NO entrance fee. Maps and description of each totem can be attained at the ranger office near the bus stop.
You can also visit POTLATCH TOTEM PARK which is just beside TBSP(less than 5mins walk).
We had lunch at ANNABELLE's FAMOUS KEG AND CHOWDER HOUSE. It was pretty good. Feel free to visit my blog for more pictures and recommendations. (about $25USD/pax)
Explored downtown Ketchikan. Took photos with the board that says Ketchikan- 'Salmon Capital of the World' and Alaska's First City. Shop at Tongass Trading Company where many of you raved about their $19.90 fleece jacket.
Tip: Before shopping, please proceed to the Ketchikan Visitor Centre to obtain a visitor guide/coupon book. It will help you save more and maybe get a free gift or two.
Strolled along CREEK STREET. Nice place to take lots of photos. Dolly's house looks small and touristy. Due to that, we did not go in.
If you have the visitor guide, you could also do a walking tour around Ketchikan where you may get to see salmons if you are visiting at the right season.
We ended the trip with a visit to ALASKAN FISH HOUSE. This is a MUST TRY!!! Awesome burgers and sandwiches for reasonable price. I love love it. ($10-15/pax)
For more pictures, please feel free to visit:
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Trip to New Mexico
- 2 Wedding gifts?
- 3 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 4 Seattle?
- 5 united airlines flight reservations number 1844 922 7448 travel now
- 6 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 7 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 8 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 9 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 10 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 13 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 14 costco Big island
- 15 Layover
- 16 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 17 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 18 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 19 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 20 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 21 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 22 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 23 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 24 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 25 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
Trip Report 'Budget Ketchikan' - Cruise Passengers