I recently just went Alaska with a tight budget and would like to share with you how i only spend less than $45USD(inclusive of meals) in Ketchikan and still have a fun time.
We took the blue bus from the annabelle/opp of annabelle(either is fine) to TOTEM BIGHT STATE PARK (TBSP). Make sure you know the bus interval. If i'm not wrong, it's every 30mins/1hour. The day pass is available for purchase onboard the bus for just $2. My advice is to purchase the day pass since one way already costs you $1. TBSP has NO entrance fee. Maps and description of each totem can be attained at the ranger office near the bus stop.
You can also visit POTLATCH TOTEM PARK which is just beside TBSP(less than 5mins walk).
We had lunch at ANNABELLE's FAMOUS KEG AND CHOWDER HOUSE. It was pretty good. Feel free to visit my blog for more pictures and recommendations. (about $25USD/pax)
Explored downtown Ketchikan. Took photos with the board that says Ketchikan- 'Salmon Capital of the World' and Alaska's First City. Shop at Tongass Trading Company where many of you raved about their $19.90 fleece jacket.
Tip: Before shopping, please proceed to the Ketchikan Visitor Centre to obtain a visitor guide/coupon book. It will help you save more and maybe get a free gift or two.
Strolled along CREEK STREET. Nice place to take lots of photos. Dolly's house looks small and touristy. Due to that, we did not go in.
If you have the visitor guide, you could also do a walking tour around Ketchikan where you may get to see salmons if you are visiting at the right season.
We ended the trip with a visit to ALASKAN FISH HOUSE. This is a MUST TRY!!! Awesome burgers and sandwiches for reasonable price. I love love it. ($10-15/pax)
For more pictures, please feel free to visit:
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 2 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 3 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 4 Jazzfest side trips
- 5 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 6 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 9 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 10 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 11 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 12 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 13 IAH to HOU Questions
- 14 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 15 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 16 No Spam this morning!!
- 17 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 18 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 19 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 20 San Francisco transit options
- 21 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 22 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 23 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 24 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 25 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
Trip Report 'Budget Ketchikan' - Cruise Passengers