I recently just went Alaska with a tight budget and would like to share with you how i only spend less than $45USD(inclusive of meals) in Ketchikan and still have a fun time.
We took the blue bus from the annabelle/opp of annabelle(either is fine) to TOTEM BIGHT STATE PARK (TBSP). Make sure you know the bus interval. If i'm not wrong, it's every 30mins/1hour. The day pass is available for purchase onboard the bus for just $2. My advice is to purchase the day pass since one way already costs you $1. TBSP has NO entrance fee. Maps and description of each totem can be attained at the ranger office near the bus stop.
You can also visit POTLATCH TOTEM PARK which is just beside TBSP(less than 5mins walk).
We had lunch at ANNABELLE's FAMOUS KEG AND CHOWDER HOUSE. It was pretty good. Feel free to visit my blog for more pictures and recommendations. (about $25USD/pax)
Explored downtown Ketchikan. Took photos with the board that says Ketchikan- 'Salmon Capital of the World' and Alaska's First City. Shop at Tongass Trading Company where many of you raved about their $19.90 fleece jacket.
Tip: Before shopping, please proceed to the Ketchikan Visitor Centre to obtain a visitor guide/coupon book. It will help you save more and maybe get a free gift or two.
Strolled along CREEK STREET. Nice place to take lots of photos. Dolly's house looks small and touristy. Due to that, we did not go in.
If you have the visitor guide, you could also do a walking tour around Ketchikan where you may get to see salmons if you are visiting at the right season.
We ended the trip with a visit to ALASKAN FISH HOUSE. This is a MUST TRY!!! Awesome burgers and sandwiches for reasonable price. I love love it. ($10-15/pax)
For more pictures, please feel free to visit:
Hope this helps.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to the Deep South
- 2 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 3 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 http://tadvancesite.com/brilliant-eyes-serum-uk/
- 6 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 7 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 8 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 9 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 10 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 11 Budget NYC hotel
- 12 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 13 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 14 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 15 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 16 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 17 San Francisco and Napa
- 18 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 19 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 20 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 21 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 22 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 23 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 24 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 25 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
Trip Report 'Budget Ketchikan' - Cruise Passengers