I recently just went Alaska with a tight budget and would like to share with you how i only spend less than $45USD(inclusive of meals) in Ketchikan and still have a fun time.
We took the blue bus from the annabelle/opp of annabelle(either is fine) to TOTEM BIGHT STATE PARK (TBSP). Make sure you know the bus interval. If i'm not wrong, it's every 30mins/1hour. The day pass is available for purchase onboard the bus for just $2. My advice is to purchase the day pass since one way already costs you $1. TBSP has NO entrance fee. Maps and description of each totem can be attained at the ranger office near the bus stop.
You can also visit POTLATCH TOTEM PARK which is just beside TBSP(less than 5mins walk).
We had lunch at ANNABELLE's FAMOUS KEG AND CHOWDER HOUSE. It was pretty good. Feel free to visit my blog for more pictures and recommendations. (about $25USD/pax)
Explored downtown Ketchikan. Took photos with the board that says Ketchikan- 'Salmon Capital of the World' and Alaska's First City. Shop at Tongass Trading Company where many of you raved about their $19.90 fleece jacket.
Tip: Before shopping, please proceed to the Ketchikan Visitor Centre to obtain a visitor guide/coupon book. It will help you save more and maybe get a free gift or two.
Strolled along CREEK STREET. Nice place to take lots of photos. Dolly's house looks small and touristy. Due to that, we did not go in.
If you have the visitor guide, you could also do a walking tour around Ketchikan where you may get to see salmons if you are visiting at the right season.
We ended the trip with a visit to ALASKAN FISH HOUSE. This is a MUST TRY!!! Awesome burgers and sandwiches for reasonable price. I love love it. ($10-15/pax)
For more pictures, please feel free to visit:
Hope this helps.
Trip Report 'Budget Ketchikan' - Cruise Passengers
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 4 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 5 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 6 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 9 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 10 How to dress in Vegas
- 11 USA trip
- 12 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 13 Chicago Questions
- 14 Air Connections on Maui
- 15 camaro hire in waikiki
- 16 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 21 Orlando for Work
- 22 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 25 NBA tickets??