Georgian Terrace Hotel
659 Peachtree Street NE
Would definitely stay there again. Food was very good in the Livingston, and we thought fairly reasonably priced for a hotel. Nice rooftop pool and view. Is across from the Fox Theater.
Atlanta Braves Baseball game
Kathy Griffin @ Fox Theater -- We don't particularly like her comedy, but we were checking out the box office for Norah Jones tickets and someone walked up to us and offered us free tickets - so we accepted.
Aquarium -- absolutely amazing!
Piedmont Park - Botanic Gardens -- too hot for me to enjoy, but a snack at Metro Fresh was very good. The orchids were best. The park is beautiful and very much like Central Park in NYC.
Margaret Mitchell House -- good tour. Guide was disappointed we had never read the book, but had only seen the movie.
Zoo -- way too HOT for me to enjoy, but it is a nice zoo.
Stone Mountain - laser show only -- I was very impressed.
High Museum - nice, airy museum. Enjoyed the collection the "Rising Up: Hale Woodruff's Murals from Talladega College" and the photography exhibit of "Picturing New York/Picturing the South."
Atlanta History Center (Buckhead area) - Swan House and Olympic Museum -- didn't get there in time for the Swan House tour, but I really only wanted to see the exterior where The Amazing Race ended a couple of seasons ago. Nice museum of the Olympics of '96.
Starlight Drive-In Theater - just plain ol' fun.
Fox Theater tour - fantastic tour! Amazing architecture, beautiful building, great story of its survival.
Leon’s Full Service for Fodor’s GTG - good food and great fellowship with new friends!
Oakland Cemetery Tour - too hot; tour guide was awful. Loved the irony that the tours are partially sponsored by the Six Feet Under Bar across the street. Also, got a kick out of the fact that the ice cream truck came into the cemetery and tried to sell ice cream. The little security guard ran him off before he could get to the tour group.
Antico’s Pizza - BEST pizza!! Ate there twice. The second time we took it back to the hotel -- there was a policeman outside monitoring how many people went in because they were at/above their occupancy limit!!
Kevin Rathbun (Braves Field) - fantastic steak sandwich!!!
Livingston’s (Georgian Terrace Hotel)
Café Alsace (Decatur) - fantstic food -- felt like we were in Alsace. Wished we would've had time to eat there a second time.
Mary Mac’s Tea Room - okay food, too much food, but not much different than we can get at home. If you're from the north and not accustomed to this type food, it would/could be a treat
George’s Bar (Village Highland?) -- good food. Went on trivia night (tues.) - was really fun.
Capozzi’s (Decatur) (was okay) - wouldn't go there again because Cafe Alsace was so much better.
Leon’s Full Service (Decatur)
Trip Report - Atlanta (Short)
- 1 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 4 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 5 Madison Square Garden
- 6 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 7 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 8 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 9 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 10 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 11 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 16 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 19 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 20 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 21 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 22 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 23 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 24 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 25 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!