Georgian Terrace Hotel
659 Peachtree Street NE
Would definitely stay there again. Food was very good in the Livingston, and we thought fairly reasonably priced for a hotel. Nice rooftop pool and view. Is across from the Fox Theater.
Atlanta Braves Baseball game
Kathy Griffin @ Fox Theater -- We don't particularly like her comedy, but we were checking out the box office for Norah Jones tickets and someone walked up to us and offered us free tickets - so we accepted.
Aquarium -- absolutely amazing!
Piedmont Park - Botanic Gardens -- too hot for me to enjoy, but a snack at Metro Fresh was very good. The orchids were best. The park is beautiful and very much like Central Park in NYC.
Margaret Mitchell House -- good tour. Guide was disappointed we had never read the book, but had only seen the movie.
Zoo -- way too HOT for me to enjoy, but it is a nice zoo.
Stone Mountain - laser show only -- I was very impressed.
High Museum - nice, airy museum. Enjoyed the collection the "Rising Up: Hale Woodruff's Murals from Talladega College" and the photography exhibit of "Picturing New York/Picturing the South."
Atlanta History Center (Buckhead area) - Swan House and Olympic Museum -- didn't get there in time for the Swan House tour, but I really only wanted to see the exterior where The Amazing Race ended a couple of seasons ago. Nice museum of the Olympics of '96.
Starlight Drive-In Theater - just plain ol' fun.
Fox Theater tour - fantastic tour! Amazing architecture, beautiful building, great story of its survival.
Leon’s Full Service for Fodor’s GTG - good food and great fellowship with new friends!
Oakland Cemetery Tour - too hot; tour guide was awful. Loved the irony that the tours are partially sponsored by the Six Feet Under Bar across the street. Also, got a kick out of the fact that the ice cream truck came into the cemetery and tried to sell ice cream. The little security guard ran him off before he could get to the tour group.
Antico’s Pizza - BEST pizza!! Ate there twice. The second time we took it back to the hotel -- there was a policeman outside monitoring how many people went in because they were at/above their occupancy limit!!
Kevin Rathbun (Braves Field) - fantastic steak sandwich!!!
Livingston’s (Georgian Terrace Hotel)
Café Alsace (Decatur) - fantstic food -- felt like we were in Alsace. Wished we would've had time to eat there a second time.
Mary Mac’s Tea Room - okay food, too much food, but not much different than we can get at home. If you're from the north and not accustomed to this type food, it would/could be a treat
George’s Bar (Village Highland?) -- good food. Went on trivia night (tues.) - was really fun.
Capozzi’s (Decatur) (was okay) - wouldn't go there again because Cafe Alsace was so much better.
Leon’s Full Service (Decatur)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 2 Route Planning for East USA
- 3 6 full days in Colorado Itinerary Ideas
- 4 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 5 Midway to U of Chicago
- 6 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 7 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 8 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 9 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 10 Summer trip
- 11 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 12 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 13 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 14 How many states have you been to?
- 15 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 18 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 19 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 20 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 23 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 24 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 25 Florida keys trip