Georgian Terrace Hotel
659 Peachtree Street NE
Would definitely stay there again. Food was very good in the Livingston, and we thought fairly reasonably priced for a hotel. Nice rooftop pool and view. Is across from the Fox Theater.
Atlanta Braves Baseball game
Kathy Griffin @ Fox Theater -- We don't particularly like her comedy, but we were checking out the box office for Norah Jones tickets and someone walked up to us and offered us free tickets - so we accepted.
Aquarium -- absolutely amazing!
Piedmont Park - Botanic Gardens -- too hot for me to enjoy, but a snack at Metro Fresh was very good. The orchids were best. The park is beautiful and very much like Central Park in NYC.
Margaret Mitchell House -- good tour. Guide was disappointed we had never read the book, but had only seen the movie.
Zoo -- way too HOT for me to enjoy, but it is a nice zoo.
Stone Mountain - laser show only -- I was very impressed.
High Museum - nice, airy museum. Enjoyed the collection the "Rising Up: Hale Woodruff's Murals from Talladega College" and the photography exhibit of "Picturing New York/Picturing the South."
Atlanta History Center (Buckhead area) - Swan House and Olympic Museum -- didn't get there in time for the Swan House tour, but I really only wanted to see the exterior where The Amazing Race ended a couple of seasons ago. Nice museum of the Olympics of '96.
Starlight Drive-In Theater - just plain ol' fun.
Fox Theater tour - fantastic tour! Amazing architecture, beautiful building, great story of its survival.
Leon’s Full Service for Fodor’s GTG - good food and great fellowship with new friends!
Oakland Cemetery Tour - too hot; tour guide was awful. Loved the irony that the tours are partially sponsored by the Six Feet Under Bar across the street. Also, got a kick out of the fact that the ice cream truck came into the cemetery and tried to sell ice cream. The little security guard ran him off before he could get to the tour group.
Antico’s Pizza - BEST pizza!! Ate there twice. The second time we took it back to the hotel -- there was a policeman outside monitoring how many people went in because they were at/above their occupancy limit!!
Kevin Rathbun (Braves Field) - fantastic steak sandwich!!!
Livingston’s (Georgian Terrace Hotel)
Café Alsace (Decatur) - fantstic food -- felt like we were in Alsace. Wished we would've had time to eat there a second time.
Mary Mac’s Tea Room - okay food, too much food, but not much different than we can get at home. If you're from the north and not accustomed to this type food, it would/could be a treat
George’s Bar (Village Highland?) -- good food. Went on trivia night (tues.) - was really fun.
Capozzi’s (Decatur) (was okay) - wouldn't go there again because Cafe Alsace was so much better.
Leon’s Full Service (Decatur)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 2 Laguardia to Niagara Falls (US side)
- 3 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 4 Florida for a while
- 5 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 6 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 7 Rental car question
- 8 big one ?
- 9 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 10 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 11 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 12 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 13 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 14 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 15 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 16 Foliage in Vermont
- 17 Hiking Sandia Mountains
- 18 Grand Canyon hike
- 19 Florida apartments/condos?
- 20 Leesburg VA area restaurants
- 21 Washington DC to Orlando
- 22 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 23 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 24 Yosemite places to eat in half dome village
- 25 Island Hopping. Need #1 things to do on each island.