Going to Anchorage and Palmer beginning of February for 4 days to photograph. Want to figure out where I can go to take some DRAMATIC landscape pictures. Looking for huge choppy mountains, fjords, sealion, ice caves. And how to access these places. snow scooter? With helicopter I won't be able to photograph very well. need to be on ground. Are there any recommended tour operators working winter time? I'll be traveling alone. Need to stay within reasonable distance to Palmer or Anchorage as that's where I'll be staying. I can extend my trip if there's something super spectacular that requires me to do so...
TRIP PLANNING WINTER 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 2 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 3 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 8 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 9 Washington, DC to Boston
- 10 New Orleans Weekend
- 11 Phoenix restaurants
- 12 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 13 San Diego Trip Report
- 14 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 15 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 16 rain in Kauai
- 17 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 18 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 19 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 24 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 25 Hotel in Santa Barbara