Going to Anchorage and Palmer beginning of February for 4 days to photograph. Want to figure out where I can go to take some DRAMATIC landscape pictures. Looking for huge choppy mountains, fjords, sealion, ice caves. And how to access these places. snow scooter? With helicopter I won't be able to photograph very well. need to be on ground. Are there any recommended tour operators working winter time? I'll be traveling alone. Need to stay within reasonable distance to Palmer or Anchorage as that's where I'll be staying. I can extend my trip if there's something super spectacular that requires me to do so...
TRIP PLANNING WINTER 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 5 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 6 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 Family Camp in Maine
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?