We are planning a 10 day road trip from SFO bay area to Seattle and back. We have already done couple of road trips to see OR coast, CA coast, redwoods etc. The focus of te this trip is going to be Columbia River gorge, Mt St.Helens/Mt Rainier and Olympic National Park ( primarily the Port angeles side- Hurricane ridge area). This is what I came up with for itinerary.
Day 1: East SF Bay area to Troutdale- 670 miles, 10 hours
Reach Troutdale and stay @ McMenamins, Edge Field
Day 2: Explore & Stay Columbia River Gorge and Mt.Hood area. Stay the night Mcmenamins.
Day 3: Explore little bit more Columbia River Gorge and Drive to Mount St.Helen ( 1hr 40 mins), 66 Miles, Spend the day in Mt.St.Helen and drive to Mt.Rainier ( 3 hours, 115 miles), Stay @ Mt.Rainier National Park ( Accomodations ? Paradise Inn ?)
Day 4: Explore Mt.Rainier, Stay @ Paradise Inn ?
Day 5: Leave Mt.Rainier, Head to Port Angeles
Stay in Olympic Lodge, Port Angeles (3-4 hrs, 176 miles).
Day 6: Stay in Olympic Lodge, Port Angeles, Visit Hurricane Ridge Olympic National park
Day 7: Stay in Olympic Lodge, Port Angeles, Visit Olympic National park
Day 8: Leave Port Angeles, head to Seattle ( 2-3 hours), 173 miles.
Explore and stay in Seattle
Day 9: Explore Seattle and head to Portland 2-3 hours. Stay in Portland
Day 10: Leave Portland and head home 9-10 hrs
Does this look doable ? I would appreciate any tips, recommendations on places to stay and see.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 2 EspN Falcons vs Saints live St-ream Monday Night Football On-line 2016
- 3 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 4 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 5 Cross-Country trip advice
- 6 Sunday brunch Kauai this weekend!
- 7 California Coast
- 8 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 9 University of Florida Public Campus Parking
- 10 Restaurants, Penn Quarter, Washington, DC
- 11 California Channel Island Santa Cruz Snorkeling
- 12 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 13 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 14 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 15 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 16 Finding Steve Perry
- 17 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 18 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 19 Washington DC
- 20 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 21 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 22 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 23 Glacier National Park
- 24 Vacation Ideas?
- 25 Wild West Road Trip
Trip Planning - San Francisco bay area to Seattle for 10 days