Link to my Photo Book --be sure and click on "Full Screen"
This was actually 2 trips within the past month. Our daughter took some college classes this summer and my wife teaches and our school started here in Oklahoma on Aug 3, so their schedules didn't work out.
My favorite things were
Rialto Beach hike to Hole in the Wall (far better than Ruby Beach--IMOP)
Sol Duc Falls
Cascade Pass Trail in North Cascades wasn't as good as I had expected it to be (still nice though).
Dahlia Bakery, Salumi, Top Pot Doughnuts, Cafe Vivace were all fantastic.
Visited Pike Market twice. With my wife it was nice on a Monday. With my daughter it was really crowded on a Saturday. Interesting to see it from both perspectives.
Weather was great except for one day in Seattle.
I must say I really liked Seatac.
I think the Seattle airport has the great views and really good places to eat.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 2 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 3 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 4 Mississippi gulf coast
- 5 Boston to see Sargent works
- 6 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 7 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 8 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 9 Inns in Manteo
- 10 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 11 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 12 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 13 Inviting all friends to get “Hawaii fix” on September 5, Saturday
- 14 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 15 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 16 itinerary for 2 weeks in Oregon in early September
- 17 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 18 Lake Powell
- 19 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 20 Southwest US vacation help
- 21 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 22 Advice Albuquerque, Taos,Santa fe
- 23 Need itinerary suggestions for coastal ME trip mid October
- 24 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 25 Things to do in La Jolla
Trip Photo Book--Seattle, Olympic, Cascades, Rainier, Whale Watching