Link to my Photo Book --be sure and click on "Full Screen"
This was actually 2 trips within the past month. Our daughter took some college classes this summer and my wife teaches and our school started here in Oklahoma on Aug 3, so their schedules didn't work out.
My favorite things were
Rialto Beach hike to Hole in the Wall (far better than Ruby Beach--IMOP)
Sol Duc Falls
Cascade Pass Trail in North Cascades wasn't as good as I had expected it to be (still nice though).
Dahlia Bakery, Salumi, Top Pot Doughnuts, Cafe Vivace were all fantastic.
Visited Pike Market twice. With my wife it was nice on a Monday. With my daughter it was really crowded on a Saturday. Interesting to see it from both perspectives.
Weather was great except for one day in Seattle.
I must say I really liked Seatac.
I think the Seattle airport has the great views and really good places to eat.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 4 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 5 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 6 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 7 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 8 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 9 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 10 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 11 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 12 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 13 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 14 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 15 Blue Ridge Mountains Skyline Drive
- 16 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 17 Maine trip report -- Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Owl's Head, Wiscasset
- 18 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 19 Transit Advisory for July 4, 2017
- 20 Miane Lobster Rolls
- 21 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 22 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 23 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 24 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 25 Yosemite This Weekend
Trip Photo Book--Seattle, Olympic, Cascades, Rainier, Whale Watching