Link to my Photo Book --be sure and click on "Full Screen"
This was actually 2 trips within the past month. Our daughter took some college classes this summer and my wife teaches and our school started here in Oklahoma on Aug 3, so their schedules didn't work out.
My favorite things were
Rialto Beach hike to Hole in the Wall (far better than Ruby Beach--IMOP)
Sol Duc Falls
Cascade Pass Trail in North Cascades wasn't as good as I had expected it to be (still nice though).
Dahlia Bakery, Salumi, Top Pot Doughnuts, Cafe Vivace were all fantastic.
Visited Pike Market twice. With my wife it was nice on a Monday. With my daughter it was really crowded on a Saturday. Interesting to see it from both perspectives.
Weather was great except for one day in Seattle.
I must say I really liked Seatac.
I think the Seattle airport has the great views and really good places to eat.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 2 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 3 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 6 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 9 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 10 Help us choose a hotel
- 11 Honeymoon on PCH
- 12 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 13 Magic Show
- 14 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 15 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 16 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 17 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 18 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 19 Staying outside DC
- 20 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 21 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 22 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 23 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 24 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 25 Hollywood Area where to stay
Trip Photo Book--Seattle, Olympic, Cascades, Rainier, Whale Watching