Link to my Photo Book --be sure and click on "Full Screen"
This was actually 2 trips within the past month. Our daughter took some college classes this summer and my wife teaches and our school started here in Oklahoma on Aug 3, so their schedules didn't work out.
My favorite things were
Rialto Beach hike to Hole in the Wall (far better than Ruby Beach--IMOP)
Sol Duc Falls
Cascade Pass Trail in North Cascades wasn't as good as I had expected it to be (still nice though).
Dahlia Bakery, Salumi, Top Pot Doughnuts, Cafe Vivace were all fantastic.
Visited Pike Market twice. With my wife it was nice on a Monday. With my daughter it was really crowded on a Saturday. Interesting to see it from both perspectives.
Weather was great except for one day in Seattle.
I must say I really liked Seatac.
I think the Seattle airport has the great views and really good places to eat.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui - luau question
- 2 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 3 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 4 US Trip
- 5 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 6 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 7 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 8 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 9 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 10 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 11 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 12 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 13 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 14 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 15 Bryce and Zion planning
- 16 Country Walkers
- 17 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 18 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 19 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 20 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 21 Places to stay in Skagway
- 22 Hilo to Kona
- 23 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 24 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 25 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
Trip Photo Book--Seattle, Olympic, Cascades, Rainier, Whale Watching