We are an active retired couple who plan to fly to Vegas, take in the sights for two or three days, pick a glitzy but not break the bank hotel, then somehow get to the Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover Dam. We want to spend a couple days at Grand Canyon South Rim, take a moderate hike or half day raft trip, then down to Flagstaff and back to East Coast. Any recommendations on hotels in both locations, activities at Grand Canyon, transportation between Vegas and GC, and also GC to Flagstaff. We want 3+ or four star hotels, like the glitter, good food and shows, but not gambling. On a plus moderate budget. Trip planned for early Sep 2012. Anyone read any similar trip reports also? Thanks!
Trip ideas for Vegas and Grand Canyon in 7 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 2 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 3 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 4 Zion the narrows
- 5 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 6 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 7 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 8 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 9 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 11 Cell phone service in Moab
- 12 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 13 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 14 Advice on Roadtrip
- 15 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 16 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 17 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 18 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 19 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 20 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 21 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 22 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 23 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 24 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 25 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18