We are an active retired couple who plan to fly to Vegas, take in the sights for two or three days, pick a glitzy but not break the bank hotel, then somehow get to the Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover Dam. We want to spend a couple days at Grand Canyon South Rim, take a moderate hike or half day raft trip, then down to Flagstaff and back to East Coast. Any recommendations on hotels in both locations, activities at Grand Canyon, transportation between Vegas and GC, and also GC to Flagstaff. We want 3+ or four star hotels, like the glitter, good food and shows, but not gambling. On a plus moderate budget. Trip planned for early Sep 2012. Anyone read any similar trip reports also? Thanks!
Trip ideas for Vegas and Grand Canyon in 7 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 2 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 3 Theater Historians
- 4 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 5 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 6 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 7 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 8 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 9 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 10 Boston hotel & transportation
- 11 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 NBA tickets??
- 14 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 15 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 16 Air Connections on Maui
- 17 hilton capital
- 18 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 21 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 22 Help me with creating a work of art
- 23 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?