We are an active retired couple who plan to fly to Vegas, take in the sights for two or three days, pick a glitzy but not break the bank hotel, then somehow get to the Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover Dam. We want to spend a couple days at Grand Canyon South Rim, take a moderate hike or half day raft trip, then down to Flagstaff and back to East Coast. Any recommendations on hotels in both locations, activities at Grand Canyon, transportation between Vegas and GC, and also GC to Flagstaff. We want 3+ or four star hotels, like the glitter, good food and shows, but not gambling. On a plus moderate budget. Trip planned for early Sep 2012. Anyone read any similar trip reports also? Thanks!
Trip ideas for Vegas and Grand Canyon in 7 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worst Restaurants in America
- 2 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 3 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Colorado aspen updates
- 6 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 7 Newport Restaurants
- 8 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 9 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 10 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 11 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 12 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 13 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 14 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 15 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 16 Question About Sealodge
- 17 Broadway choices
- 18 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 19 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 20 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 21 Fairbanks Alaska
- 22 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 23 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 24 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Yosemite Lodging