We are an active retired couple who plan to fly to Vegas, take in the sights for two or three days, pick a glitzy but not break the bank hotel, then somehow get to the Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover Dam. We want to spend a couple days at Grand Canyon South Rim, take a moderate hike or half day raft trip, then down to Flagstaff and back to East Coast. Any recommendations on hotels in both locations, activities at Grand Canyon, transportation between Vegas and GC, and also GC to Flagstaff. We want 3+ or four star hotels, like the glitter, good food and shows, but not gambling. On a plus moderate budget. Trip planned for early Sep 2012. Anyone read any similar trip reports also? Thanks!
Trip ideas for Vegas and Grand Canyon in 7 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 2 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 3 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 4 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 5 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 11 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 12 Boston in winter?
- 13 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 14 san fran sightseeing
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 18 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 19 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 20 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 21 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 24 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 25 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC