We are an active retired couple who plan to fly to Vegas, take in the sights for two or three days, pick a glitzy but not break the bank hotel, then somehow get to the Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover Dam. We want to spend a couple days at Grand Canyon South Rim, take a moderate hike or half day raft trip, then down to Flagstaff and back to East Coast. Any recommendations on hotels in both locations, activities at Grand Canyon, transportation between Vegas and GC, and also GC to Flagstaff. We want 3+ or four star hotels, like the glitter, good food and shows, but not gambling. On a plus moderate budget. Trip planned for early Sep 2012. Anyone read any similar trip reports also? Thanks!
Trip ideas for Vegas and Grand Canyon in 7 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 2 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 3 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 4 new york subway help please
- 5 NYC hotel/July
- 6 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 7 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 8 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 9 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 10 NYC with my 13 year old
- 11 Las Vegas must sees
- 12 Girls' Getaway
- 13 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 14 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 15 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 16 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 17 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 18 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 19 Florida SunPass mini-transponder
- 20 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 21 California: Getty museum
- 22 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 23 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 24 DC - WW2 flyover
- 25 Boston to see Sargent works