We are an active retired couple who plan to fly to Vegas, take in the sights for two or three days, pick a glitzy but not break the bank hotel, then somehow get to the Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover Dam. We want to spend a couple days at Grand Canyon South Rim, take a moderate hike or half day raft trip, then down to Flagstaff and back to East Coast. Any recommendations on hotels in both locations, activities at Grand Canyon, transportation between Vegas and GC, and also GC to Flagstaff. We want 3+ or four star hotels, like the glitter, good food and shows, but not gambling. On a plus moderate budget. Trip planned for early Sep 2012. Anyone read any similar trip reports also? Thanks!
Trip ideas for Vegas and Grand Canyon in 7 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California coast: April
- 2 September trip to Michigan
- 3 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 4 Road Trip
- 5 New York Yankee Station
- 6 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 7 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 10 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 11 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 12 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 13 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 14 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 15 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 16 Roads into Estes Park
- 17 Whale watching
- 18 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 19 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 20 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 21 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 22 Houston in September
- 23 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 24 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 25 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!