We are an active retired couple who plan to fly to Vegas, take in the sights for two or three days, pick a glitzy but not break the bank hotel, then somehow get to the Grand Canyon with a stop at Hoover Dam. We want to spend a couple days at Grand Canyon South Rim, take a moderate hike or half day raft trip, then down to Flagstaff and back to East Coast. Any recommendations on hotels in both locations, activities at Grand Canyon, transportation between Vegas and GC, and also GC to Flagstaff. We want 3+ or four star hotels, like the glitter, good food and shows, but not gambling. On a plus moderate budget. Trip planned for early Sep 2012. Anyone read any similar trip reports also? Thanks!
Trip ideas for Vegas and Grand Canyon in 7 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 2 New York City Restaurants
- 3 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 4 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 5 Boston/Fenway park
- 6 California self drive trip
- 7 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 10 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 11 Timeshare Nightmares
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 13 10 day trip to California
- 14 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 15 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 16 Drive along the Columbia River
- 17 Wine Country Picnic
- 18 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 21 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 22 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 Where to go in Maine?
- 25 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!