Returning home from a family wedding in Toronto. We are driving through Canada to Toronto, and I have that organized. But I wanted to see what your opinions /ideas are about our trip home.
Day 1..Oct 2, Wednesday : Toronto to Chicago (Bypass city , so will stay by the hwy somewhere).
Day 2: Chicago to Fairmont, Min
Day 3: Fairmont to Rapid City...See Mt Rushmore,Crazy Horse, Sturgis either that afternoon or next morning.
Day 4: Rapid City to Billings
Day 5aturday Oct 6: Billings to West Yellowstone through Beartooth Pass...booked at Kellys
Day 6: West Yellowstone Kellys
Day 7: West Yellowstone to Jackson...seeing GTNP
Day 8:Jackson to Missoula
Day 9: Missoula to Spokane...tour around
Day 19: Spokane to Pt Angeles and take the late ferry to Victoria, then up island home.
We plan to stay on Hwy 90 most of the way. My husband is in a wheel chair, so hiking won't be in the picture, but we'd like to drive as much of the parks as we can and see as much as time permits. Will pack our lunch in the parks as suggested in forums.
We normally stay at hotels that have breakfast included, for ease of morning routines.
Thinking of the Super 8 in Jackson...any info on accommodation...Motel 6 would be too small I think.
Is this schedule doable?
Wondering if day 6 will be too long..Billings-W Yellowstone?
I'd appreciate any info, and ideas from the group!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sonoma
- 2 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 3 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 4 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 7 Alaska cruise
- 8 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 9 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 10 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 14 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 15 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 16 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 17 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 18 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 19 AR State Parks
- 20 California Trip
- 21 101 closure
- 22 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 23 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 24 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 25 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
Trip from Toronto back to Vancouver Island through the USA