Returning home from a family wedding in Toronto. We are driving through Canada to Toronto, and I have that organized. But I wanted to see what your opinions /ideas are about our trip home.
Day 1..Oct 2, Wednesday : Toronto to Chicago (Bypass city , so will stay by the hwy somewhere).
Day 2: Chicago to Fairmont, Min
Day 3: Fairmont to Rapid City...See Mt Rushmore,Crazy Horse, Sturgis either that afternoon or next morning.
Day 4: Rapid City to Billings
Day 5aturday Oct 6: Billings to West Yellowstone through Beartooth Pass...booked at Kellys
Day 6: West Yellowstone Kellys
Day 7: West Yellowstone to Jackson...seeing GTNP
Day 8:Jackson to Missoula
Day 9: Missoula to Spokane...tour around
Day 19: Spokane to Pt Angeles and take the late ferry to Victoria, then up island home.
We plan to stay on Hwy 90 most of the way. My husband is in a wheel chair, so hiking won't be in the picture, but we'd like to drive as much of the parks as we can and see as much as time permits. Will pack our lunch in the parks as suggested in forums.
We normally stay at hotels that have breakfast included, for ease of morning routines.
Thinking of the Super 8 in Jackson...any info on accommodation...Motel 6 would be too small I think.
Is this schedule doable?
Wondering if day 6 will be too long..Billings-W Yellowstone?
I'd appreciate any info, and ideas from the group!
Trip from Toronto back to Vancouver Island through the USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 3 Alaska railroad?
- 4 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 5 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 6 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 7 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 8 Itinerary opinions
- 9 Calgary to Banff
- 10 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 11 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 14 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 15 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 16 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 17 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 18 Our perfect day in Key West
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 21 culpepper
- 22 2 weeks in Alaska
- 23 Pub with food in Seattle
- 24 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 25 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014