We are looking as a family to drive to visit friends and are trying to find ideas on food and points of interests in July. We are planning on taking a southern route and a northern route to and from. Leaning towards southern route first to hit New Orleans during 4th of july. We are looking for fun stops to break up long drives and food places that are good places for my wife's foodie cravings but my hole in wall stops as well. Planning on trying to eat a good meal more upscale in NO and Williamsburg area and likely Memphis area. Thougths also on kid friendly (ages 9,6 and 3) activities along the way. The route we use to and from is very flexible.
Trip from texas to williamsburg VA with kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 5 Quick Trip to NYC
- 6 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 7 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 8 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 11 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 12 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 13 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 14 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 15 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 16 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 17 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 18 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 19 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 20 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Road trip itinerary
- 23 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 24 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?