Our flights and car hire are booked and the itinerary planned. We arrive in Denver at the beginning of September. Would love to hear any advice that you can give me on the schedule below:
Day 1 Travel to Denver
Day 2 Sightseeing in Denver
Day 3 Drive through the Rocky Mountains NP, overnight in Winter Park in the Best Western
Day 4 Drive to Grand Junction – 2 nights in Doubletree Inn
Day 5 River rafting
Day 6 Drive to Canyonlands NP, 2 nights in Hampton Inn in Moab
Day 7 Arches NP
Day 8 Drive to Monument Valley, overnight in the View Hotel
Day 9 Drive to Page, 2 nights in the Holiday Inn
Day 10 Boat trip on Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend
Day 11 Drive to Bryce Canyon, back to Flannigan’s Inn in Springfield for 2 nights
Day 12 Zion Canyon
Day 13 Drive to Las Vegas
We will stay in Las Vegas for a few nights and then head home. Didn't want to be in a different hotel every night as that can get tiring, so tried as much as possible to have 2 nights in each place bar a few. I know that we will only be glancing at the canyons but there is so much to see in a short amount of time. We are two women - not particularly fit, so no long hikes, who love great scenery. Is there anything we shouldn't miss along the way? Assuming that the weather will be cooler in the Rockies but very hot once we get to Moab. Will Lake Powell be as hot?
Many thanks for any advice! Laura
Trip Advice requested - Road Trip from Denver to Las Vegas - Sept '11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?