Our flights and car hire are booked and the itinerary planned. We arrive in Denver at the beginning of September. Would love to hear any advice that you can give me on the schedule below:
Day 1 Travel to Denver
Day 2 Sightseeing in Denver
Day 3 Drive through the Rocky Mountains NP, overnight in Winter Park in the Best Western
Day 4 Drive to Grand Junction – 2 nights in Doubletree Inn
Day 5 River rafting
Day 6 Drive to Canyonlands NP, 2 nights in Hampton Inn in Moab
Day 7 Arches NP
Day 8 Drive to Monument Valley, overnight in the View Hotel
Day 9 Drive to Page, 2 nights in the Holiday Inn
Day 10 Boat trip on Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend
Day 11 Drive to Bryce Canyon, back to Flannigan’s Inn in Springfield for 2 nights
Day 12 Zion Canyon
Day 13 Drive to Las Vegas
We will stay in Las Vegas for a few nights and then head home. Didn't want to be in a different hotel every night as that can get tiring, so tried as much as possible to have 2 nights in each place bar a few. I know that we will only be glancing at the canyons but there is so much to see in a short amount of time. We are two women - not particularly fit, so no long hikes, who love great scenery. Is there anything we shouldn't miss along the way? Assuming that the weather will be cooler in the Rockies but very hot once we get to Moab. Will Lake Powell be as hot?
Many thanks for any advice! Laura
Trip Advice requested - Road Trip from Denver to Las Vegas - Sept '11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tour companies
- 2 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 3 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 4 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 8 Zion to Albuquerque
- 9 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 10 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 11 Quick Trip to NYC
- 12 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 15 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 16 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 17 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 18 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 19 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 20 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 21 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 22 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 23 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 24 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 25 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?