Our flights and car hire are booked and the itinerary planned. We arrive in Denver at the beginning of September. Would love to hear any advice that you can give me on the schedule below:
Day 1 Travel to Denver
Day 2 Sightseeing in Denver
Day 3 Drive through the Rocky Mountains NP, overnight in Winter Park in the Best Western
Day 4 Drive to Grand Junction – 2 nights in Doubletree Inn
Day 5 River rafting
Day 6 Drive to Canyonlands NP, 2 nights in Hampton Inn in Moab
Day 7 Arches NP
Day 8 Drive to Monument Valley, overnight in the View Hotel
Day 9 Drive to Page, 2 nights in the Holiday Inn
Day 10 Boat trip on Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend
Day 11 Drive to Bryce Canyon, back to Flannigan’s Inn in Springfield for 2 nights
Day 12 Zion Canyon
Day 13 Drive to Las Vegas
We will stay in Las Vegas for a few nights and then head home. Didn't want to be in a different hotel every night as that can get tiring, so tried as much as possible to have 2 nights in each place bar a few. I know that we will only be glancing at the canyons but there is so much to see in a short amount of time. We are two women - not particularly fit, so no long hikes, who love great scenery. Is there anything we shouldn't miss along the way? Assuming that the weather will be cooler in the Rockies but very hot once we get to Moab. Will Lake Powell be as hot?
Many thanks for any advice! Laura
Trip Advice requested - Road Trip from Denver to Las Vegas - Sept '11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 Where to go in Maine?
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 7 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint